Who Wins in a Neutral Field, Washington or Oregon?

Viewing 6 reply threads
      7 1

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Personally, I think Oregon will easily beat Washington in a rematch. The Huskies have been tempting fate all season (they’ve won five games by a TD or less) and I think Oregon beats them by at least two scores in Vegas. Oregon has a much better defense, much better running game, and a passing attack maybe just a hair behind Washington’s, if that. I’m thinking that the final score could be something akin to Oregon 34 – Washington 21. Then again, it could be worse than that as I’m sure Lanning will not call off the horses if the Ducks have the opportunity to make an impression on a national audience. What say you Ute Nation?

1 1

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

I agree. Personally I think Oregon wins fairly easily.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I really have no idea and can’t count Penix out. Also the P12 officiating is wildcard that I can’t predict anymore. It seems like Washington gets 5-6 beneficial questionable calls a game.
      We shall see of course. Oregon state lost a tough one again.

Utegator
        Ute Fan
        @utegator

This. The officiating is usually deciding the game. Especially when we go to Seattle.

1 2

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Yes. This. I’m so tired of playing UW.

I’m ok never playing USC again. We own them and will forever.
        I’m glad we get to pay Arizona back next year.

But UW? Those games just suck. From bad calls (no block in the back, roughing the passer on an INT, phantom PI’s, etc) to never having a ball bounce our way (the PAC-12 title game) and so on. They just aren’t fun. I’m tired of them.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

My worst memories of playing them are the 2018 CCG and the 2020 regular season game in Seattle where we were up 21-0 at HT and then collapsed in the second half. For some reason, Utah hardly ever caught a break versus Washington.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

We never did. The ball never bounced our way. And the last three games vs them were in Seattle. Never did anything go our way and it always went their way.

Baseball has a stat that finds out how lucky players are. Balls hit that should have been outs but were and the like. I bet if there was a stat of us vs UW, their luck would be through the roof.

Not to disparage them. They are a great program, a tough team and they beat us…but we never had anything go our way.

alexsmith
      Ute Fan
      @alexsmith

I hope it’s a close one to make the committee really have to figure out how to hold out a pac 12 team, let alone 2 one loss teams

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Oregon. Better defense.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Oregon by 15+

Northendzone Ute5
      Ute Fan
      @northendzoneute5

Oregon is the better all around team. I underestimated Bo Nix last year and called him average. Now I think Bo Nix should win the Heisman.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Who Wins in a Neutral Field, Washington or Oregon?