Would Utah State go after our Morgan Scalley?

Viewing 7 reply threads

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

I hate to say it, but if Matt Wells is gone and possibly Morgan Scalley or Weber State coach (name?) becomes candidates?  I would hate it.  I would give up Gary Anderson, but he probably won’t ever leave.

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

It would suck, but I think Anderson and Ena/Shah could fill in nicely.  We have a solid set of coaches so I would only be worried if a bunch of guys followed Scalley out.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yes they would and he would be successful. 

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

Utah State will broaden its horizons when searching for a new head coach.  They appear to have made a good choice in basketball with Craig Smith from the Summit League (when they could have gone after some local assistant instead).  I’m sure they’ll try to replicate that kind of decision to replace Matt Wells.

Unless Gary Anderson wants to go back to Logan.  I could see that happening too.

deleted
      Ute Fan
      @rolandovich

Success in sports is losing the coaches you love. 

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

— Deepak Chopra 

— Michael Scott

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

So funny, I love that episode. Huge office fan. 

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Especially when you’re in a lower tier conference.   

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Yes. And Scalley would fit in perfect there. His ability to recruit JC kids and Utah kids…he’d do really well there. 

Slide Gary to DC. You’d have an opening in the coaching ranks. 

You’d need to find another safeties coach. 

Grayshirt
        Ute Fan
        @grayshirt

I remember Scalley “shocked the world” when entering the coaching world rather than continuing his playing career. I wonder if Chase Hansen takes that road too.  Would be great to keep him around the program.

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

I could totally see that if he can’t stay healthy. 

You heard it here first, this is going to be Covey. On the Drive, Whitt called him one of the smartest, if not the smartest player he’s ever been around. And there have been some great ones. 

Think about this:

He’s smart

Has seen multiple schemes

Worked with multiple receiver coaches

Fits the work ethic – worked through mission legs and is a key contributor post mission

Is undersized, fits the chip on shoulder mentality we built our program around

Will most likely be in the a captain these next two years

Great personality, well spoken – recruiting advantage

BYU legacy kid turned Ute – recruiting advantage

Local kid turned Ute – recruiting advantage

Switched positions, but still maximizes skillets – recruiting advantage

Can reduce mission concerns with parents and post mission comeback – recruiting advantage

Returned kicks and punts – recruiting advantage

Is the grandson of Stephen Covey – recruiting advantage??

The dude embodies Utah football. If he can make captain and develop some leadership skills, he’s a shoe in. You could say all of this about Chase too. I hope the staff is grooming them now. 

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

not all bad, especially with the intent to return when Whitt takes his calves to wade in the surf of Maui full time

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

I should have made Whitts Calves my username. Next lurker up! 

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

I see Utah State going after Jay Hill before Morgan Scalley. Defensive coaches like Scalley are not sexy hires. Fans like to hire OC’s whose offenses just scored a ton of points. It’s stupid, but it’s the reality.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Would Utah State go after our Morgan Scalley?