Would you rather?

Viewing 8 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Start football season in September, but not be able to attend games?

OR

Start the season in early January and be able to attend the games?

I am not saying that either is likely, just a question.

8 8

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Why do some people think it will be better in Jan (flu season)?  Janruary is going to be a disaster. If they can squeeze a few games in this fall go for it.

6 8

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

Will someone who downvoted Pace here please explain why? 

He’s 100% correct, assuming we don’t have a worldwide vaccine available by January. 

10 3

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Because the question is if you could choose, what would you do. Obviously it’s not going to be any better, it goes without saying. For some reason, Pace felt the need to try to shut the question down when all the OP is trying to do is have a conversation.

1 5

User Suspended
          @a2ute

We “might” have vaccine (who knows how effective it will be) in Jan.  But it won’t be avalable to the masses till next summer. 

4 2

ABC123
            Ute Fan
            @canuhearme

We’ll just wear paper masks the rest of our lives and be ok

pedro
          Ute Fan
          @pedro

He’s a troll and has proven that many times, so any post of value is automatically discredited.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I don’t live in Utah, but I like to travel to at least ONE game per year, and maybe a bowl game.  I never attempt to go to RES because those games are always sold out, and if I have to travel anyway, I might as well go somewhere where I can get a decent seat for a decent price.  The rest of the games I watch on TV.

That said, I’d rather attend a game.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Living where I do in California the closest game to me this year is UCLA. I probably wouldn’t go to the game this year even if they were giving tickets away (which they’ve been practically doing down there recently), so for me, start in September and give the players time to heal and recover before the combine and spring football.

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

It’s just a question and being there is half the fun. FYI CDC Director not optimistic about a cure in January. Unfortunately he projects the largest surge in early winter.

8 15

CB
        Ute Fan
        @solidhobo

You shouldn’t believe anything the CDC tells you.

9 7

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

Yes you should.

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

They spent the months of March through early June telling us not to wear masks. Their credibility is impeached.

4 6

User Suspended
          @a2ute

who should you believe- what sources do you trust…please respond in detail and not alt right talking points.

3 4

ABC123
            Ute Fan
            @canuhearme
            7 4

ABC123
            Ute Fan
            @canuhearme

1 7

User Suspended
              @a2ute

you live in a alt right meme universe…its sick.  Can you tie your shoes?

3 2

ABC123
                Ute Fan
                @canuhearme

In all seriousness aa2ute, I want to provide you a website for someone to talk to when drumph upsets you.

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

1 5

User Suspended
                  @a2ute

What is Qanon saying about the virus?

4 1

ABC123
                    Ute Fan
                    @canuhearme

I don’t know. You have google, check yourself.

1 5

User Suspended
                      @a2ute

you know-

1 5

User Suspended
                      @a2ute

come on… give me a little 4 chan sugar

3 1

ABC123
                        Ute Fan
                        @canuhearme

Jesus pace, it’s bad enough I have to f**k your wife for you while you cheer me on in the corner. Now I have to google information for you? 

6 2

CB
            Ute Fan
            @solidhobo

I don’t believe any mainstream sources, whether that be Fox or CNN. They are all owned by the same people, so I tend to trust smaller independent sources but even then I take everything with a grain of salt. We shouldn’t trust any one outlet, but take the common factors of multiple publications to gain an understanding of what MIGHT be accurate. 

On a seperate note, you need to chill with the right-wing bashing dude. I don’t pick sides, but it’s people like you that push me to lean to the right. It’s gonna be ok Pace, Trumps presidency will come to an end eventually, and then he won’t be able to hurt your feelings anymore!

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Football belongs in the Fall. I would rather it be played when it is supposed to be, even if it means no fans.

8 2

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Given the incompetent response that persists today, COVID will be a problem into 2021. Let’s start the games and enjoy on TV.

1 1

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Sept.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I would like to see a start in September possibly with an 11 game season. Likely we may need to play the 9 scheduled opponents but start the first week of September to create more flexibility to reschedule games that have issues. I think playing games for TV is quite doable but some will choose not to play and some may miss 2 weeks if tested positive. It will certainly be a season with an asterisk featuring more depth players than ever before.

As to the fans, it needs to be sparse. I am just fine with masks and distance between ticket groups. Yelling may not be a thing and home field will be minimized. It would be smart for fans to do everything to accommodate covid safe measures even if most games are viewed only on TV.

We need to listen to folks that want to return to normal just like we need to listen to folks that want maximum safety. Both perspectives are personal and valid. We need to find a way for each to have as much as is reasonable while allowing the other also as much as is reasonable. This thing is definitely not a hoax but equally clear, it is also not left alone by those with an election year agenda. Can we get clinical, sober, and unemotional and find a way to have some football?

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Would you rather?