4-star QB – Mack Howard commits to the Utes

Viewing 5 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He is ranked the 13th best pro-style QB in the country.  He is from Mississippi which I found interesting.  

Rivals

Carterdalby
      Ute Fan
      @carterdalby

Hey that’s good. I’m not sure if this is going to be Risings last season, but if it is in 2023 we’re going to be pretty stacked in QB room and honestly there’s more to come.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

It’s Rising’s last season. He played a season at Texas. He sat out a transfer year, he medically redshirted 2020, and played 2021. He’ll play 2022, and polish his resumé, and head for the league.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

If Rising gets his arm strength back – you are probably right.  However, I don’t think he had the arm strength last year to make it in the NFL.  That being said, I love Cam Rising and what he does for our team.  Our system with three tight ends and a running QB is perfect for Cam.

Go Utes!!!

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

Rising’s eligibility clock is that he currently has 2-yrs to play 2.  If after 2022 his draft stock is high enough, he’ll leave early.  If not, he’ll suit up one last time in 2023.

younglurch
      Ute Fan
      @younglurch

Let’s go! Incredible how much our momentum has soared over the last several years. No wonder Kyle has put off retirement so far when he’s building a monster out west. 

Also have to wonder what this does for our other QB prospect in the 2023, Gabarri Johnson, who is very similarly rated to Mack. He was getting crystal balled for us recently, but likely will look elsewhere now that Mack as committed. 

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Gabarri Johnson seems to still have us under consideration.  It would be interesting indeed to see what he opts to do now.

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

Not taking it for granted. What I love most about this commitment is that it now normal for us to receiver commitments like this. Excited for Mack.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Don’t know much about Rivals ranking system. Is 5.8 a high 4 star? Just curious.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

2-stars:  5.2 to 5.4

3-stars:  5.5 to 5.7

4-stars:  5.8 to 6.0

5-stars:  6.1

cj13
      Ute Fan
      @cjohnsen13

Do you guys look at star rating or Power 5 offers more when looking at the quality of recruit? He is a 4 star player but I am wondering why he only has 2 other Power 5 offers (and one is Kansas).

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

It’s probably because it’s still early in the recruiting season.  And for the record, he has 3 other P5 offers:  Kansas, Louisville, and Pittsburgh.

cj13
          Ute Fan
          @cjohnsen13

Makes sense. I wonder if early commitments deters other programs from offering or actively recruiting the athlete.

GibUtes
            Ute Fan
            @gibutes

If Utah offers a kid, you can almost guarantee they will draw other’s attention. Usually from our two shadows in recruiting, BYU and ASU. Actively pursuing the kids after committing used to be frowned upon, but now it’s the Wild West with the portal. You never stop recruiting – HS kids, freshmen buried on a depth chart, grad transfers, starters that get scared of an incoming kid – seems they are all fair game to keep in contact with.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

247 says he has offers from Ole Miss, MS state, and FSU among a few others. The kid is a stud and his star will probably continue to rise.

cj13
            Ute Fan
            @cjohnsen13

Those schools are just interested but have not officially offered a scholarship yet. I will say it is confusing to have a list of interested schools along with official offers. It says in each box if the school has offered yet.

Utesbyfive
              Ute Fan
              @utesbyfive

Ah yes, my mistake. The Ole Miss fans on reddit are saying that once he gets an offer from them, he’ll flip. We shall see. Scenarios like that, are definitely why the coaches are going to want to continue pursuing others, like Gabarri Johnson.

PhiladelphiaUte
                Ute Fan
                @philadelphiaute

I think this guy is shying away from Ole’ Miss, as one of the Manning kids is being recruited there as well.  Plus, they just got Jaxson Dart, who still has 4-yrs to play 3.  He won’t be going to Oxford.

Trailgoat
            Ute Fan
            @utahgoat

Agree, long way to go with this kid. Whether he sticks or not with Utah after Ole’ Miss, MSU, and other SEC schools offer him when signing time approaches, upside is his social media comments on Utah only continue to raise Utah’s national football foot print as the stable, family based culture, high character quality program. Big year for Utah in 2022. Utes win the P12 and make noise nationally again, recruiting for top recruits will continue to grow.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 4-star QB – Mack Howard commits to the Utes