AAF Folding

Viewing 4 reply threads

Dwight89
      Ute Fan
      @jordan-buckner

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Valuable lesson to be learned here: People don’t care how easy it is to get your product if the product is no good.

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

I’m struggling to understand what went so wrong? Surely they knew how much it was going to cost to run a league? I wonder if a big chunk of their forecasted revenues was from ticket sales that didnt materialize? With their ratings outperforming NBA games I’m surprised they didn’t hold on long enough to try and negotiate better TV rights for 2020? Crazy. 

Staples
          Ute Fan
          @staples

I think there’s more to this tangled web that will be revealed. Sounds like much of the league leadership was blindsided by this.

Dwight89
            Ute Fan
            @jordan-buckner

Yup I think you are correct. Something about the new owner just wanting the tech for a gambling app the league was creating? Some nutso stuff going on. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

#sadface

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

Geez, I thought they would make it through the first year at least. I wondered how well a team would do here because of the unpredictable weather in early Spring that would undoubtedly hinder attendance. In general, people won’t sit in bad weather for a team to which they have no emotional attachment.

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

I think that was definitely a challenge for a team in this market, especially since the Stallions kinda stunk. But, the warmer weather teams seemed to get pretty good attendance.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Not to mention the good skiiing they would be missing out on in the nearby canyons.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.