Alamo Bowl

Viewing 3 reply threads

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Happy Holidays to all of you.  That was one hell of a football season and I’m VERY thankful to have been in the playoff discussion the last week of the season.  We’re not quite there yet, but I love the upward trajectory.

I’m wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on the upcoming bowl game.  I’ll be honest, the life was kind of sucked out of me a few weeks ago.  I completely tuned out of the college football scene because there’s no way I would have been able to handle a bunch of “I told you so’s” from the Finebaum’s of the world.  If you had to pick one of the following options, what would it be?

A If you compare each team’s resumes, Utah should win comfortably

B These teams both have talent and it will be a fight

C Utah will have an Oregon hangover and it will show up on the field and the final score

D Texas has superior talent and a big loss by Utah will prove it

I’ll go with option C.  I’m always leery about teams that ended the season with a major disappointment as we did.  I think back to the TCU debacle and the demoralized way we played against Notre Dame the following week.  I’m hoping the long layoff will have allowed the team to refocus and come out for blood. 

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

It has been almost 10 years, can we move on from the TCU game especially in light of the facts now known?  At the time of the game the “fans” did not know that Wynn had been playing with a torn AC joint since the ISU game and only had 1 pass of 25 yards per half in his shoulder.  TCU had the perfect scheme and talent to completely stop the short passing game.  They also left a template for teams with enough talent (Notre Dame) to follow.  Heck, Troy Calhoun figured it out the week prior to TCU but didn’t have the horses to pull off the upset.

Much like the jersey’s from that game, talk of it should be forbidden in the kingdom from henceforth. haha

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

Trust me.  I’d love to forget that game.  I fear it scarred me forever.  

I hear you, though.

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

I was a multiple time loser that day.  My camo pants were no good for sneaking beer into the stadium and hotter than ballz, the Utes got drilled, plus I was busy watching the drilling and missed the bewbs even though I was 15 rows away with an elevated position.

As I have constently stated on this board.  Anything that happened prior to 2011 is ancient history, mostly fond memories from the 90’s and 2000’s, but history none the less.  As far as I am concerned, there are two Utah football programs the one that died in 2010 and the one that was born in 2011.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

When we lost to TCU, they were a much more talented team than we were.  I do not believe for a second that Oregon was or is more talented.  It was one of those days when we made a number of mistakes, lost the momentum early, etc.  TCU killed us and simply was more talented than we were then.  We were down a TD to Oregon in the 4th.  Yes they beat us and it hurt, but this is team is a very talented team that did not play well on December 6th.

We will struggle with pass defense IMO for obvious reasons.  But, KW and Scalley will have had over three weeks to fill in the holes and develop a game plan.  Texas has its own set of issues.  IMO our offense will come to play and carry this team to victory.

Utah is not as good as they looked against UCLA or Cal IMO and they aren’t as bad as they looked against Oregon.  Nonetheless, this team is a very talented team with a ton of seniors who want to go out winners.  I believe they will bounce back!!!

Utahute72
        Ute Fan
        @utahute72

The fact that everyone who can play is playing with the exception of Jaylon tells you all you need to know about the motivation of the team. Now the decimated secondary may be a problem.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

We never played TCU in 2010 nor ahd a blackout game that year. Anyone that says otherwise is a liar.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.