Any good movies or TV series you recommend on streaming Netflix, Prime, etc?

Viewing 11 reply threads

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Someone recommended Ted Lasso and it was sooo good! Someone recommended the Movie: Nobody with Bob Odenkirk who I love from Better call Saul and breaking bad. Nobody was a good show, the main theme being explosions and violence. Just curious what anyone else has enjoyed binge-ing?

UteManX
      Ute Fan
      @utemanx

As a massive Tottenham fan, I was excited about Ted lasso and it was fantastic. Not sure many remember but he was a character for nbc sports doing promos on the premier league as the Tottenham manager. Season 2 is out in July, I think. In regards to other shows. On Apple TV I really liked mythic quest or whatever it’s called. And I don’t really even play video games. Give it a go. 

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Thanks, man! I’ll give it a whirl.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Wife and I watched first episode of Mystic Quest last night and it’s pretty good and funny. Thanks for the recommendation.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

I just finished all five seasons of Narcos. They were crazy good. You may have seen them already… I know I’m late to the game on those.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

If Karate Kid was a part of your life growing up, give Cobra Kai a try. It’s a good mix of nostalgia and new characters, rehashing of old plot material and introduction of new plot material, drama and comedy.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Wife and I really liked the first season then it seemed to turn into a teenage drama and we got bored with it. The more they focused on Johnnie the more we liked it and vis a versa. 

mesovanhorny
      Ute Fan
      @mesovanhorny

Kim’s Convenience on Netflix.  Terrific writing and hilarious

OSH_UTE
      Ute Fan
      @runningutes

6 episodes in to Rutherford Falls on Peac**k and it has been quite good.

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

Drive to survive is a formula one documentary on Netflix that now has me waking up every Saturday and Sunday mornings to watch F1 races and listening to F1 podcasts throughout the week.

An old one, but I recently finished The man in the high castle, on prime, and really liked it.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Both “The Boys” (live action) and “Invincible” (animated) on Amazon are both anti-superhero shows that are fantastic.

They’re also incredibly vulgar and gory, so ymmv.  I’ve thoroughly enjoyed both.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Second the endorsement for Invincible and The Boys.

Others:
      The Last Kingdom (Netflix)
      Bridgerton (Netflix)
      All or Nothing: Manchester City (Amazon)
      Upload (Amazon)
      The Expanse (Amazon)
      The Queen’s Gambit (Netflix)
      Russian Doll (Netflix)

All of these are great and me and the wife loved them. That’s a pretty wide and varied list!

Really, really, really, really looking forward to the day The Wheel of Time is released on Amazon, BTW…

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Sorry…I can’t believe I forgot my favorite miniseries of all time.

Chernobyl

That’s it. That’s the post.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Chernobyl is one of the best things to watch ever. Absolutely amazingly terrifyingly terrific.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

We just watched My Octopus Teacher. Amazingly personal nature documentary. My favorite nature documentary ever. Though nature documentary is underselling it big time.

Hahnenwk
      Ute Fan
      @hahnenwk

I liked The Imposters on Netflix

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Any good movies or TV series you recommend on streaming Netflix, Prime, etc?