Anyone here lived in Hawaii?

Viewing 5 reply threads

NavyUte
      Ute Fan
      @navyute

Have a great job off at Pearl Harbor.  Been there 100 times, but never lived.  Looking at Ala Moana or Waikiki.  Any insight would be appreciated. 

2 2

User Suspended
      @a2ute

If we all assume you’ll be making bank – then Hawaii will be great.

NavyUte
        Ute Fan
        @navyute

Well with a babies momma, not doing well minus the GS-14 pay and pension.   1 bedroom in a tower on the beach should do.

NavyUte
          Ute Fan
          @navyute

And I am one of Pace’s fans.  I do believe in transparency.   And different points of view.

1 2

User Suspended
          @a2ute

It’s Feb. in Michigan for me… yea, that sounds really good

NavyUte
            Ute Fan
            @navyute

So no input, are you bored?  I love your input sometimes Pace, but pick and choose your battles amigo. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Friend of mine moved back here from Maui.  Didn’t like the way his (white) kids were treated. That’s all I got.  

2 1

User Suspended
        @a2ute

I beleive Hawaii is the only state that (white) is the minority.  Hope they learned the treatment they had to deal with should not be tolerated when the move to a (white) dominated state…like Utah for example

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

My grandparents were Hawaiian and lived there their entire lives. They (correctly) noted that many mainlanders who moved there moved back to the mainland within 3 years. I guess when you live there, it gets old really quick.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I lived there for a year.  The surfing is great at North Shore, and okay at Ewa.  The scuba/snorkeling is great at Hanauma Bay.  But I was ready to head back to the mainland after about a month.  You get island fever REAL fast.  Hawai’i isn’t for everyone.

You might be amused however with the volume of American (re: mainland) tourists who don’t know that Hawai’i is a U.S. state, and how often you’d hear them ask if (the vendor) takes U.S. dollars.  And then you’ll start to get p**sed off by it, because Americans shouldn’t be that stupid.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

The only cure for Island Fever…

more cowbell!

rmab
      Ute Fan
      @rmab

I live in Hawaii currently. Dont really understand what your asking here. It’s expensive. Milk, eggs, pretty much all groceries r ridiculously expensive. The school system is somewhat substandard (unless your willing to pay 30k/yr for private school). Food is ok, if u like Asian food. There is no Mexican food in Hawaii. (Taco Bell was ranked the #1 Mexican food place in Hawaii). If your asking would I choose to live in Waikiki or Ala Moana, the answer is easy… Ala Moana. But they r located right next to each other, so it’s the same place really. Congrats on the job offer.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Anyone here lived in Hawaii?