Best Offensive Player

Viewing 5 reply threads

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Who is the best offensive player on this year’s team?

The obvious candidates are Moss, Huntley, and Covey, but maybe Dixon, Simpkins or Enis jump up there, especially with Covey coming off of multiple injuries.

I say Moss is our best offensive player. He is the only sure-fire NFL skill player we have right now and he is just a beast. Huntley has been good, but not great. He did look a lot more poised in the Spring Game though.   

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Proven best player- Moss

Sight unseen potential best player- Bamidele Olaseni

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I agree, going into the season – it is hands down Moss.  I would say Huntley and Covey are tied for distant second.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Under Ludwig I think Moss needs to be the best. 

I hope Huntley can be the second best. 

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

This is where I’m at as well. Huntley needs to be a close second though.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

So who was Utahs best offensive weapon in 2008 under Ludwig. Got me thinking I always felt like the line did a great job. Asiata is my favorite player don’t know about best. It has to be BJ but what Ludwig wants is to establish the rush.

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

Easily it was BJ. Asiata was really good and underutilized.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

I just remember BJ had receivers that caught the ball. Drops were never a thing just weird ass plays that didn’t develop. 

Ludwig needs to have receivers who catch that ball. 

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

BJ.  (I just like saying that).

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Moar Moss.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Obvious is Moss, but until he and Covey return from knee injuries- it has to be Huntley.

Olaseni lacks experience.

Breakout year- Thompson… and DHC(if Moss doesn’t return)

WWYD- Moss isn’t 100% ready by fall camp/game 1, haven’t seen anything to say he won’t be, but…. would you hold him out until week 6 and hope for a retiree #2 type game vs ASU week 7?

ayoriver
      Ute Fan
      @ayoriver

I don’t really understand the rational of holding him out. He’s an NFL talent, who should be on the field and wants to be on the field.

Keep in mind, at least in part, he came back to become the top back in U history. He only needs a partial season to do that, but I’m sure he wants to widen the gap and not just top it by a hair.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Hodling him out from what?  The spring game?  Its just practice.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Rational is- before the injury he WAS an NFL caliber RB. Right now, not sure anybody here knows besides OnlyU where he’s at in his recovery.  Like I stated, I haven’t seen anything to say he isn’t ready to return yet, same with Covey, but coming back too soon could be detrimental. If he’s not 100% ready by week 1, let’s say 95%, would you hold him out or let him play?  If he said he was ready but your not seeing the same Moss, would you hold him out with a hopefully eye on returning for the ASU game?

Obviously a ton of ifs but it’s the off-season…

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Best Offensive Player