Blackmon moving to safety

Viewing 5 reply threads

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Whitt said in an interview today on 700 that they are moving Blackmon over to safety. Bronson Boyd is moving to corner. I think this is a great move, it helps keep all of our most talented players on the field and helps fill the talent hole at the safety position. I hope he can be a center-field ball-hawk like Marcus Williams was.

Go Utes!

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

I agree that this is a good move.  JB has skill and speed, but one tight man coverage he would get duped by the WR now and again.  At Safety, the dude could apply his skill set to close down on coverage, make reads and hit people.  I like it a lot.

2 4

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

I seriously hope this move (Bronson Boyd) doesn’t come back to bite the offense in the ass when half the WR core is the walking wounded mid-way through next season.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Bronson could make an excellent corner now that I think about it. He has great size and speed. He’s played reciever which only helps when defending them. Good move in my opinion. The WR corps is stacked, especially if the Utes can land either Jones or Nacua or hopefully both.

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Interesting move for Boyd. We were expecting him to be a gamer at WR… guess he and the coaches agreed that he had more potential at CB. Typically these moves have worked out well at Utah, but would be nice to know that Puka or Jones would be on campus next fall to keep depth at WR.

AUDIIDUA
      Ute Fan
      @audiidua

Do you suspect this is Utahs last attempt to try and lure Puka?

Charlie Foxtrot
        Ute Fan
        @charliefoxtrot

That’s what I was thinking as well.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

The bigger takeaway from the interview is that they’re trying to get Rising eligible to play this season…

likely through the degree exemption

Brettski
        Ute Fan
        @brettski

I think Bad Moon would have 4 years to play 4 if we get him eligible.  If not, he’ll have 3 years to play 3.  Correct me if I’m wrong.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Usually when Whitt talks about it he is pretty optimistic about it happening. 

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

How would the grad program exemption apply for someone who’d only completed 1 semester of college? If Rising were to have loaded up on classes via completing 20-hrs/semester, at best he’d be an “academic Junior” by the opening kickoff this Fall.

I don’t see any possible way the NCAA would deem Rising eligible for the 2019 season.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Blackmon moving to safety