@saluteopia

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Was a bad hire from the start

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Why do you think that? I thought he was a great hire on paper as he had a lot of success at the G5 level. 

My in laws are huge Auburn fans. They are glad he’s gone. Heard he wasn’t recruiting very hard compared to Saban and Kirby. I thought the fake cheating scandal was a bunch of garbage he’s shouldn’t have had to deal with. And apparently Auburns boosters are impossible to please. 

Stone
          Ute Fan
          @stone

Although there is some ability for coaches to succeed anywhere in the country, that is the exception, not the rule. Generally, I think coaches somewhat have geographical ranges and need to stay in that range to be successful. The reason being that their connections and recruiting pipelines are in a given geography. Exceptions to that are schools / coaches that have a HUGE national profile. Then it is less important. Then there are unicorns like Urban Meyer. But to take a guy from Boise and throw him into the deep south – he has to reestablish his connections and pipeline. He has to learn a new football culture. It seems tough. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bryan Harsin fired as Auburn HC