Cameron Rising a good sign for Ludwigs recruiting

Viewing 2 reply threads

McBride of Frankenstein
      Ute Fan
      @mcbrideoffrankenstein

Cameron Rising a good sign for Ludwig’s recruiting….

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Didn’t he come before Ludwig was announced?  I mean maybe he closed it and I am not trying to p**s in his Cheerios but the timeline doesn’t make sense. 

Allright I p**sed in them a little. This is great news. 

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

From what I understand, Rising visited last weekend (Jan. 12-13). Ludwig was announced on Jan. 10. Who knows how long Ludwig was known internally before it was announced. Ultimately, hard to know what effect Ludwig had on Rising… @onlyU is the only1 who knows these things. But considering that Rising committed after Ludwig was hired, hard to imagine Ludwig was a con, and most likely Ludwig was a pro (in Rising’s opinion).

I agree with @Utah. Ludwig should be an upgrade over TT, due solely to experience alone. The new hot thing is not always the most clever or sharpest. Nothing against TT, but I would say that an OC with decades of experience will often outmaneuver an OC with a couple of years experience. That was never more apparent than watching Norm Chow call a game. He had tricks up his sleeve that only come with experience.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Definitely agree.

Seems a bit presumptuous considering the timing and all. 

5 2

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I don’t get why everyone is so down on Ludwig. He is an improvement over Taylor. He is a better OC. He is a vastly better recruiter. His offense fits Utah better. 

I don’t get all the Eeyores when it comes to Ludwig. He isn’t Sark or RichRod, but he is better than Taylor. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Not sure if you directed that at me or not. I am moving into the “Excited” realm. I would say under Ludwig and TT we actually for once saw improvement at the QB position. I still feel bad for Wilson and the growing pains he had to experience.

Everyone should be excited and yes let’s say Ludwig closed the deal on this.

Edit: Also even more importantly I remembered that Wideouts caught the damn ball under Ludwig. Ball into hands usually meant a catch.

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

Hopeful is where I’m at on the Ludwig hiring. I was initially let down a little that we didn’t get someone more exciting but I was also relieved that we didn’t settle for someone worse. 

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Exactly this. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Cameron Rising a good sign for Ludwigs recruiting