Chip Kelly leaving UCLA

Viewing 4 reply threads

//r00t4Utes
      Ute Fan
      @r00t4utes

Wow he’s leaving to be the OC at Ohio State.
      link

better link

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Wild, almost has the look of sabotage, CK definitely has been checked out for awhile. UCLA recruiting class, which recruits itself, ranked 59th and then CK leaves after the class signs for a coordinator position. They’ll now lose players, scramble for a new head coach and go into Big 10 play in shambles.

The only program more deserving of this kind of karma is their partner in crime.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

The boosters were upset that he wasn’t fired and have been giving the AD a ton of grief. My guess is the pressure was heating up and he might as well just leave now. I highly doubt it was sabotage, but probably a mutual parting.

Yergensen
          Ute Fan
          @yergensen

Yeah, sabotage would land you outside the industry. But man, it looks like he’s put in zero work this offseason. He’s been planning to leave for some time. I’m assuming he did UCLA a favor by resigning, I wonder what his payout would have been had he been fired.

2 1

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

Kelly’s buyout called for him to receive $8.5 million if he was dismissed before December 2023 and $4.27 million if he was terminated before December 2024. Those were the numbers based off his latest extension.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Yeah, that’s more what I’m thinking, too. More than likely, I’m completely wrong. Just going off rumors I’ve heard.

2 1

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I’m waiting for Lincoln Riley to follow him out the door to the NFL. Chip saw the future and it wasn’t welcoming. Not sure who’d want go there considering their financial issues and the mountain that is the B1G.

2 1

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

But hey, none of this happens if Bill O’Brien hadn’t pulled a Bellichick and left to be the HC at Boston College moments after being hired as the OC at tOSU.

ryynoo
      Ute Fan
      @ryynoo

Jon Wilner goes a little more in-depth in this article published before it was official.

UCLA football: Chip Kelly’s commitment, his NFL pursuits and one big, giant mess in Westwood

Sanders
        Ute Fan
        @sanders

Interesting fact I didn’t know until I read the article…Ryan Day was a player under Chip Kelly in back in New Hampshire

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Chip Kelly leaving UCLA