Coach of the year

Viewing 3 reply threads

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

If the season continues to be going this way. I 100% believe Kyle should receive coach of the year for all the hardships the team has had to endure.

7 2

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

The Brewer miss was pretty bad though. That decision probably cost us 2 games

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Maybe. The O lines and d line were not gelling though, and overcoming some injuries etc.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

The Brewer decision was the right move as insurance making sure Utah had a healthy QB to play the season. Brewer was a one and done stop gap player considering Rising’s inexperience and unknown timeline for recovery or not. Rising had labrum surgery on his throwing shoulder and those who have been through shoulder surgery know the dynamics of recovery, rehab, and potential of never being the same especially in eight months. Don’t know the extent of CR’s surgery, but to get to where he’s at playing D1 football as a QB is remarkable. No hard feelings for Brewer as he was invested in his possible NFL career not Utah football. That said, still a lot of football left half way through the season. CR needs to stay healthy for Utah to carry on. Go Utes!

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

You are right about pointing out Rising’s recovery. I had shoulder surgery, albeit for much more damage, and it took nearly two years to completely heal. 

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

It seems to me that COY is based a lot on W-L vs expectations.  IF the Utes win out up through the rest of the regular season, I could see it happening based on making the move to Rising, winning the Pac-12 South in a rebuilding year, and leading the team past the AL/TJ tragedies, but it won’t happen without a lot more Ws.  Still a lot of games to be played, so we’ll see.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Coach of the year