Up Next in FB:
Southern Utah at  Utah
Big 12 Now / ESPN+

Commit Hunter Andrews tape

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Commit Hunter Andrews tape

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Thought you’d want to see this. Kid’s GOOD.

EagleMountainUte
      Participant

He has some good burst and great vision. Quite a lot of bad tackling on his YAC but overall really impressed.

stbone
        Participant

I think he is causing the bad tackling. He is very big for high school (6’2″ and 215), and wicked fast (hudl reports a 4.4. 40 time).

EagleMountainUte
          Participant

Yeah. Some of them were just poor form.
          JJ is a big guy too. See how people tackle him. They just chop those legs.

The Rising Cam
      Participant

Hoping we don’t lose him before he gets here. Texas A&M offered him on the 26th.

AZUTE
      Participant

Seems like the perfect replacement for Kuithe

stbone
        Participant

That is exactly what I thought watching the video, but he might also make one heck of an RB, ending up bigger and faster than JJ.

2008 National Champ
          Participant

Swan is the lead recruiter so he’ll probably get the first look at LB.

For comparison, Andrews runs an 11.1 hundred. Roughly the same as Randle. Mitchell is a 10.8 guy and Stanley (got the throwback on the kick return Saturday) is a little faster at 10.75.

Team speed isn’t really an issue for Utah, should they ever want to go with a “quick” package on offense. Money runs an 11. Tao has receiver experience and runs a 10.6. Blocker ran a 10.6. Snowden just missed the state record at 10.59. And we all know that Johnson can move when he gets some space.

Any of the freshman can play the next 4 games without burning their redshirts so lighten the load on Vaki and let the kids run

stbone
            Participant

Knowing our staff, he was always going to be defense first. Given the state of the 2-deep on offense and defense (especially at linebacker), and seeing his tape, I am hoping that changes. He seems to be exactly the type of dynamic athlete we are lacking on the offensive side of the ball.

Ute Dub
          Participant

I don’t see him as a RB, he runs too upright, ala Sausan Shakerin. Maybe he can get behind his pads more, but TE seems more natural.

Rick
      Participant

Or is he the next great safety? Looks to have the size and speed to be a free safety.

stbone
        Participant

That is ridiculous, we only convert all of our quarterbacks to safety. Lol.

Red Rhino
      Participant

His running style reminds me of an old Bama recruit named Forest Gump.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.