Elijah Shelton

Viewing 6 reply threads
      2 7

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Apparently Utah just accepted a transfer from Utah State Elijah Shelton

I don’t want to talk down G5 guys but that is typically where Utah’s transfers go, not the other way around. Moala and Kincaid were hyped as ready for the NFL and did not make contributions expected of that talent level. Shelton feels like someone brought in for depth but I could very well be wrong. I haven’t watched an Aggie game in a decade.

With the second signing day coming up quickly, and plenty of talent left in the portal, this move really has me scratching my head. We’ve been told by people “in the know” that Utah is out of room, but apparently they have plenty of space for the #37 ranked Utah recruit in the 2018 class. Someone so highly regarded that he did not have a single P5 offer in 2018 and had an unmemorable career in Logan.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Before you hate on him. My guess he’s a preferred walk on

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

You may be right but that’s part of why i am flummoxed. Why would a kid give up his scholarship to walk on elsewhere? Yeah, yeah, Baker Mayfield did it.,,

I looked at the roster the other day and there were 12 LB’s listed, 6 of which were walk-ons. Utah loses Fotu, gets three scholarship recruits in the 2021 class. I’m just not seeing the value.

Oh, and if he’s paying his own way, he doesn’t need to commit.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

3.5 tfl and 2 sacks in 5 games played as a sophomore. That’s pretty good in terms of getting into the backfield

Fabian
      Ute Fan
      @scutes

Nobody said Kincaid was nfl ready, it was expected that he would be behind Kuithe.He also contributed a lot in the run game as a blocker and even got a pretty high PFF grade. Also worth mentioning that Bentley missed him for a wide open td against colorado

Jake
        Ute Fan
        @jutahfootball

As well as Moala has been a big part of our run stopping defense

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Moala was passed up by Tennessee by the end of the season. The main reason being that Moala was almost incapable of getting any push, let alone collapse the pocket. Penisini was a run stopper but he didn’t have to be taken out of the game on passing downs.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Kincaid will play on Sunday’s. Takes a bit to adjust to the speed of D1 football and with no real Fall camp he missed his opportunity to learn the offense on the field. He will be a bigger part of the offense in the Fall. He’s very good.

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

There is at least 1 player on I’d say every G5 team that would start or get meaningful playing time on most P5s

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Preferred walk on…will play LB or TE but mostly special teams probably. Great kid from close to the U. Dad played professional BB for years so probably don’t worry about the $. Utah State is a s**t show right now and will have to rebuild some but there are certainly players at the G5 level that can compete at the P5 level.
      He doesn’t take up a scholarship or an initial so there is zero risk. If he doesn’t cut it he moves on. We’ll continue to add guys like this through the Summer

ALUF
        Ute Fan
        @dbgii77

Thanks for the insight onlyU! Always appreciated

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

What a douche canoe kind of post. 

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Elijah Shelton