ESPN Playoff show RANT

Viewing 6 reply threads

Astute Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tstruct

I’m sitting at home, watching this Playoff show. Not sure what its called there are 3-4 guys on it. They basically said if Stanford beats Notre Dame, and loses to Utah in the PAC12 Championship does Utah belong? This was at the end of the show and 2-3 guys are shaking their head no… It really p**ses me off, 3-4 weeks ago these same idiots were saying how we had the best resume literally googly eyed over Utah…So tell me what has changed? Some ugly wins? against some decent teams (NOT OREGON STATE) Ridiculous, on top of that they had 3 B12 teams in the top 6 no one plays defense in that conference… ESPN’s control of the sports world needs to be toppled. To think that they are not pulling strings with their hidden(obvious agenda’s) is ridiculous. I demand a Senate Committee! They are a legit dictatorship in the sports world. Anyways that is my rant. Its kind of all over the place…feel free to rant as well. ( edit: sarcasm on the senate committee)

• This topic was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Astute Ute. Reason: Sarcasm comment

Jumpmasterute
      Ute Fan
      @jumpmasterute

Our wins aren’t pretty enough for them. If we’re not blowing teams out by 40 pts their not impressed.

MBAute89
      Ute Fan
      @jtbuckner

It’s not just ESPN, either. There is a general East Coast bias against Utah and other Pac-12 schools. SBNation and Bleacher Report have Utah ranked lower than the CFP and AP polls too. Pollsters like offense, and I think that’s what it boils down to.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Give it 3 more weeks and the teams ahead of Utah will wash out when they start playing real teams.

Astute Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tstruct

Yes, especially these big12 teams, guaranteed they get left out again.

THEeyepatch
        Ute Fan
        @theeyepatch1

No, no, no… don’t even talk about that. We as Ute fans should hope the Big XII gets one team in. I don’t want to spend the winter, spring and summer seeing headlines or hearing about Big XII expansion. There will be two or three articles on DNews and KSL, and one on SLTrib a week if the Big XII missing out for a second straight year. The SL radio shows will bring in everyone and their dog to talk about the TDS and why they should be invited. One year was enough of that.

If the Big XII gets Baylor in, then that talk won’t be as bad. Maybe?

BioUte
      Ute Fan
      @bioute

The Big 12 hasn’t had time to beat each other up yet. Baylor has a legit shot at losing 3 in a row here vs Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and TCU. Oklahoma State still has to play Oklahoma. TCU has Oklahoma State and Oklahoma left on the schedule. All their top teams play each other in the last few weeks – sucks for them because late season losses are harder to recover from and are fresh on the minds of the committee.

There’s still a lot left to play out before I worry.

Matthew Thomas Castleton
      Ute Fan
      @mcastleton928

TCU doesn’t have Oklahoma State left on their schedule. They just played the Cowboys on Saturday and lost.

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

This sort of thing doesn’t really bother me. You pointed out the media have us lower than the CFP rankings. This means the CFP isn’t fooled by media B.S. The fact is that CFP committee members are human and they will have biases, and will be influenced by the media, but I think they got it 75% right last year (I think based on hind sight TCU not FSU chould have been in, but how do you leave out an undefeated defending national champ?) and based on body of work I don’t have too many gripes yet this year. I am confident a previously top 10 12-1 Utah that has just beat a top 5 Stanford in a P12 CCG will either be in the CFP or ranked 5 which would be about right depending on how things play out around the country. Until that is proved wrong, or I seriously disagree with what the actual CFP does I don’t really care about what media clowns say. They aren’t paid to be right they are paid to entertain and keep advertisers buying. Remember the E in ESPN stands for Entertainment

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ESPN Playoff show RANT