Game Over: Utes moving on to the Semis

Viewing 6 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Great to see the Utes taking care of VCU. Since playing at home has been the sole source for wins all year, it was huge getting to play the first 3 games at the Hunty. Would love to see Utah get past the next game and into the NIT Finals! Go Utes!!

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Deivon about to set the all time PAC12 single season triple double record, with one more rebound.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Deivon just got it! Very cool.

Ute in Chatt
          Ute Fan
          @phinney23

Looks like Indiana State is our opponent. They were ranked for part of the season. They will definitely have home court advantage. What a game, and why couldn’t this team play like they are playing right now earlier in the season.

AlohaUte
            Ute Fan
            @alohaute

They did, but only at home.

CoyoteUte
      Ute Fan
      @coyoteute

Boys looked good last night! Seemed like every bounce was going our way. I thought we’d have our hands full with VCU, and I did not see us blowing them out like that. This team at home vs the road is maddening 😂

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

That was the funnest game of the year. The team played pretty well and the crowd was really into it – shades of the good old days at the Hunty. Everyone was giving it to VCU and giving it to the refs (when they deserved it, which was often). Such a blast last night.

The only negative is I’m certain Keita is going to transfer. His body language is terrible right now – did anyone see his response when he got subbed out for the last time?

Minnesota Ute
        Ute Fan
        @minnesotaute

His head just didn’t seem in it the last couple of games. I hope that’s not what’s going on because him and Lovering could be really good together next year. 🙁

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Keita has the body and athleticism to become a great basketball player. Still in need of fine-tuning many parts of his game (in particular needs to improve his outside shooting skills). I hope he’ll stay with Utah another year at least, but he’ll certainly be a very attractive and sought after target in the transfer portal.

As he played locally a few years in lower and upper schools, will be interesting to see him continue to develop no matter where he ends up.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

He can’t take NIL, which has got to be frustrating. If he transfers I would expect it’s because he’s unhappy with the coaches or someone is getting him under the table NIL

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Update on the awful officiating from last night: Turns out the ref who was missing all the calls and T’d up Craig after he told the guy he’d missed two in a row, was former BYU-Provo Campus baseball player and baseball coach Mike Littlewood. There’s no way someone should ever be assigned to ref a rival school.

Minnesota Ute
        Ute Fan
        @minnesotaute

Yeah we always listen to ESPN700 app synced with TV, and Bill was right on him even before he T’d up Smith.
        He was the same guy that screwed us in one of our home games coming down the stretch. Can’t remember now which, but it was the one where the other team was in double bonus in first half with only a handful of fouls themselves.

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

The dude is doing a podcast with blaine fowler and dave mccann (byu fanboys) in April. How can Harlan not do something about the conflict of interest here?

Minnesota Ute
            Ute Fan
            @minnesotaute

It was the AZ game. Pretty important game to have such a conflict of interest.

CityCreekUte
      Ute Fan
      @citycreekute

Fun game. Thought there would be more there.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Game Over: Utes moving on to the Semis