Hahaha how awesome! Auburn, Lanning (UO HC) have mutual interest.

Viewing 8 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Sports Illustrated article : Auburn, Dan Lanning have mutual interest in Tigers’ head coaching job.
      Even if only rumors, I hope this creates enough distraction for the Ducks for us to win.
      More than anything, it just warms my heart that Oregon is seen as a stepping-stone for other jobs. First Taggart, then Cristobal, and hopefully Lanning next. Granted, they got a better coach both the previous times, but it has to catch up with them at some point. All that Nike money, but 0 loyalty. Makes me appreciate Whitt even more!

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

Oregon may have the money, but Utah has the right culture ; program is truly an extended family .. Whit is probably the last of his kind. I think Scalley will continue in whits foot steps. Hopefully he can be successful and keep this program going the right direction. Gonna be a tall order; future seems so bleak with NIL and conference realignment.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

That’s gotta be a pretty big buyout given how long he’s been at UO.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

14 million if he leaves on or before Jan 31, 2023. Auburn boosters should be able to pull it.

UrbanLiar
          Ute Fan
          @urbanliar

Auburn boosters also paid Harsin $15.3M, plus Malzahn $21.5M in the last 2 years so that Duck buyout isn’t as easy as it appears.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Auburn seems to making a bad hire here.  I think Lanning is doing ok but Oregon is incredibly overrated. Their defense is suspect. Georgia not only woodshedded them to start the season they dropped the woodshed on them. I think he has done a fine job after that but to have the team so unprepared seems odd. 

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

It wouldn’t surprise me at all. This has happened before to Oregon in the recent past. Just in 2017, Willie Taggart left Oregon after one season to go coach at Florida State. Lanning has zero connections to Oregon or the West Coast in general so it makes sense if the offer from Auburn is sweet enough.

Brichaute49
      Ute Fan
      @brichaute49

S$)t, D&&m, son of a biJjh says my wife who is a die hard ducks fan 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

We are so lucky to have a top tier coach who has no desire to ever live outside of the state of Utah. He was dangerously close to leaving for greener pastures twice… but he’s been here to stay for many years. That is a very rare thing.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Only a matter of time. Funny how UO’s media darling Canzano is metling down defending the rumors. Oregon with all it’s Uncle Phil money will never have the foundation Utah has built starting with McBride with the coaching instability, probably sooner before my time. Utah’s BB has been digging out of that hole for the past 20 years since Big Rick split. I knowa  different animal, but similar situation in terms fleeting coaching stability.

UO from the outside seems to be a volatile coaching environment especially with them trying so hard to be chummy with the SEC elite. The Georgia blowout will haunt them like the UF loss has impacted Utah on the national football landscape. There is a dark side to being a money driven program always under the wizard’s wand when the losses start rolling in. I give Lanning one year at most if he dosen’t head back to SEC Country after this season. Auburn has all the resources, potential and everything else to succeed way beyond Nike’s pocket book. These jobs don’t pop up often so an up and coming coach offered an opportunity needs to take it. Go Utes!

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

They pop up often in the SEC.

J
      Ute Fan
      @goducks

Hows your heart feel after Lanning blasted that today lol I literally had nothing but respect for Utah until I came accross this dumpster fire of a forum. What amazing fans begging for drama outside of the game of football so their team could beat Oregon….. Oregon hasnt lost in what 4 years at home and this Utah team that even their fans are praying for a coaching controversy in order to have a chance to beat Oregon proves y’all dont think they have a chance. Remember this when you hear Pac 12 No one thinks Utah….. When you hear Utah everybody thinks of BYU. Hahaha Go Ducks!!!

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Hahaha how awesome! Auburn, Lanning (UO HC) have mutual interest.