Half of you are partially to blame for this

Viewing 4 reply threads
      21 16

Dwight89
      Ute Fan
      @jordan-buckner

It’s a damn shame this virus has been politicized the way it has. If we had all taken this seriously Utah would be playing tomorrow. Downvote me all you want. It’s the truth. 

8 5

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Thats funny, the TDS is able to play and they’re players aren’t dropping dead. Who knew everything would be ok?🤷‍♂️

1 8

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

Cuz the whole team got Covid over the summer, dude. 

2 8

Dwight89
          Ute Fan
          @jordan-buckner

And, it’s not just about the players, but the coaches and their family members that are a higher risk of complications. 

8 3

Stone
            Ute Fan
            @stone

Oh right, the coaches and family members… remind me how many coaches have died or been hospitalized? 

If a player is concerned about family members getting sick, here is a novel idea – either: (a) don’t play this year, or (b) don’t visit your family members during the season.

Good hell, it is not that complicated. My dad had cancer during flu season, I did not ask everyone else to cancel their lives to protect my dad. I simply kept my dad out of harm’s way. 

3 9

Dwight89
              Ute Fan
              @jordan-buckner

Your strategy has resulted in the deaths of a quarter million americans, so far. Pretty sure I have zero need to take your input on this, Stone. 

6 3

Stone
                Ute Fan
                @stone

Every city/county/state in this country has had their own strategy. Many of the strategies have been similar, but it is not as though “my strategy” has been implemented throughout the country.

My strategy was NOT implemented in New York, New Jersey, and many other states. Rather, YOUR strategy was. Guess which states have the highest death rate per capita? Those states. I am not saying their death rate would have been lower under my approach (maybe it would, maybe it wouldn’t), but nobody has done worse than them. So should be attribute those deaths to your strategy? 

2 6

Dwight89
                  Ute Fan
                  @jordan-buckner

Eh, those states waited to long to implement any strategy, and by then it was too late. That’s the problem with exponential growth. I would look to South Korea, Japan, and New Zealand, or hell, the other 209 countries whose death rate per million is better than ours. 

6 3

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

And they’re fine, dude.

2 8

Dwight89
            Ute Fan
            @jordan-buckner

Its about who they might spread it to if they aren’t quarantined. Seriously, how do people not understand this, yet? 

7 2

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

You can stay home. No one has any problem with that

1 5

Dwight89
                Ute Fan
                @jordan-buckner

It won’t matter unless we all stay home. That’s the problem. Frankly, it is a cultural issue, here in the USA. We are all incredibly individualistic. Most of the time, that is a good thing for the country. In a global pandemic, not so much. 

Charlie
                  Ute Fan
                  @charlie

Americans generally do not look to central planning to solve their problems.  In Utah, central planning is accepted but only from ecclesiastical leaders.  If you want a lockdown, likely most of the benefit can be gained by simply doing a personal, aggressive lockdown of your own.  Is it possible to allow others to choose to risk loss of income or business vs risk to health?  Is it possible to report hospitalizations and deaths specific to health data so as to make it possible for us to assess our own personal risks?  We know risks vary greatly across the population, would it make sense to vary preventative measures by risk?  We simply do not have much experience identifying problems for some and mandating change for others.  Without suggesting what to do, I’m just pointing out different the expectation has become.

I did see a shirt…       Land of the Free, Home of the Brave.  Void where prohibited , restrictions may apply.  It made me laugh but also highlighted the pickle we are in.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

I mean Europe shut down pretty extensively and hasn’t been able to stop this. It’s going to go through all of us at some point until the vaccine is in place. It’s no ones fault really. Just like I don’t know anyone that has never had the flu I expect in a few years I won’t know anyone who hasn’t had this virus.

6 7

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

Unfortunately the reality there is that Europe opened back up, which caused the virus to resurge. There are plenty of countries/states that have proven ways to control the virus so that life can go on. This just sucks, though, especially for the players and coaches 🙁 

tarheelio
      Ute Fan
      @tarheelio

“Taking this seriously” doesn’t guarantee success. I live in WA, mega-Liberal, high alert, extensive shutdowns – and we are spiking and setting new records for cases. My home state of NC is evenly split politically and their cases are flatlining, despite having greater population density than Washington and Utah. Maybe the key to success is bipartisanship and allowing all voices, instead of one-party rule by either party.

2 7

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

Could be. Like a said, a damn shame. 

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

^^^this. Thank you for being a voice of reason.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Which half?

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Half of you are partially to blame for this