I do have to respect Herm for…

Viewing 3 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

His master manipulation. He forces a longer than normal conversation with Whitt after the game. I doubt Whitt even heard what was said let alone cared. He knows Whitt won’t say s**t about it because Whitt only cares about the things he can control. 

Then he starts his interview off mentioning the conversation and controls the talking point. This is a man that understands media and knows how to troll. So mad respect to him. 

I also see why he is a good recruiter. Snake oil salesman skill level master. 

The Enis kick off cheap shot exposed his player to severe injury to. The cheap shot on Moss exposed his player to severe injury. So any parents of kids letting their kids go to ASU should take note. He will do whatever it takes to win a game. Literally. 

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

The conversation is recorded on one of the ASU game reels on You Tube.  It was actually sincere and Herm almost seemed hurt when Kyle was like “thanks” and didn’t apologize back.

The special teams coach from ASU should be fined for sending some walk-on out to perform a mercinary hit on Enis.  If ASU has not targetted the inside gunnar like that in other games the league should hand down a sanction.  They won’t cause PAC12 but that was the bushest of the bush league.

Italy88
        Ute Fan
        @itacoatiara22

Link?

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpW1q98-lUI

Sorry if you have to copy and paste.  Not sure how to imbed and to busy to care. 🙂

Starts at 5:59.  Enis was low hanging fruit on special teams, they were after Huntley and Moss as well.  I chalked a lot of the dirty plays on them having lesser athletes, kind of like BYU or pickup basketball against old men, but on second watch there did appear to be some intentional malice.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

If another adult male put his arm around me in a professional setting in that way I would have mostly the same reaction as Whitt. Maybe I am reading into it too much. I think back to Herm’s rant it just seems terrible staged. 

It also shows how little they know each other. Whitt doesn’t care about your sentiments. If you feel your team doesn’t play that way then convey that message to your players. 

Maybe I am very biased but that is how I see it. 

Hellhound152
              Ute Fan
              @hellhound152

This is sports, adult men put their arms around each other all of the time.  I also believe such conversations between coaches in the past have been dealt with at the presser by saying “that was a private conversation between the two of us.”  Herm is a different cat, it may have been contrived, or it may have been a Coach publicly shaming his staff and/or players with more tact than Mike Leach.  I really couldn’t say.  

If I have learned anythng over the years on this board no one will change your mind and I was certainly not trying to do that.  So moving on to Cal.  

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Whitt is the type of person that words are meaningless. Actions mean everything. 

Italy88
            Ute Fan
            @itacoatiara22

Thanks for posting!

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

I don’t expect players to use strategies against a gunner that don’t come from his coach. I don’t expect special team coaches to use strategies that have never been reviewed by the HC. I don’t expect everything said by an opposing HC to be heartfelt. I do expect players to play in a style that is an extension of their coach’s mindset. There are always odd outcomes in FB games, however, it is uncommon to have 3 very questionable unsportsmanlike hits like we saw in a game. May be outside the coaches desire but I don’t know. You could find an answer by noting if the players in question are brought out for a spell. If the ST player was in on the next kickreturn that would not be consistent with how I see well meaning coaches work.

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

Eff Herm!! He’s an enemy.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Even if it was the goon assistants, they’re Herm’s goons. There is no mercy in this dojo, is there. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I do have to respect Herm for…