If Atl fires Sark, I’d try to get him here in some capacity.

Viewing 9 reply threads
      1 3

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I don’t want Taylor gone. That would be dumb. But, it couldn’t hurt to have Sark here as a QB coach or other offensive assistant. 

That being said, he’d probably get an OC job somewhere else. 

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

He certainly could help the QBs and would be a good addition to any campus frat party.

2 9

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Why do you think it would be dumb to remove Taylor?  I don’t understand why everyone likes this guy so much in comparison to our past OC’s. Eveyone was calling for Rodericks job last year and we looked much improved over the previous year. For the first time in many years we took a step forward…so, then the fire him and hire a guy with no resume?  

Folks really seem to like Taylor and I haven’t seen a reason yet.  He’s looking more like Ty Dentmer on the sideline each week.  In way over his head.  

Xanthis
        Ute Fan
        @xanthis

If you think our offensive problems are going to be solved by hiring a new OC you’re wrong. You keep changing systems and you lose your offensive identity. See Utah since 2011. Its a good idea to give Taylor a few years to get the younger guys familiar with his offense and let him recruit guys for his system. If firing the OC would fix Utah’s offense then it would have been fixed by now. 

3 4

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

I completely agree with you. A mediocre system looks a lot better when players have a couple years to really grasp it. My point was that Taylor is less qualified and has done less than any OC since Brian Johnson and NOW everyone wants to give the OC some slack? So, my question, which truly was a question, is why do people like this guy so much as an OC?

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

I’d like to point out, for the record, that I thought all OCs should have gotten 2 years, sans Christiansen but he was a psychopath.

2 1

Xanthis
            Ute Fan
            @xanthis

Roderick was on staff for a long time and every position group he coached would regress. Taylor is the first real QB coach Utah has had since Whitt took over and I think fans are finally starting to realize that changing OCs isn’t going to fix things immediately. 

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

I’d also say that ARod lost his job because of the bowl game. Bowl practices = an extra spring ball. 

After the bowl practices, there was no improvement. He had three off seasons and he didn’t get better. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

We have pretty much a brand new O line, injured QB who has only played 4.5 games TOTAL (1.5 games vs Pac-12 level talent), new RB’s.  It’s not the OC at this point.  We need the horses that can execute the offensive game plan.  Then if it fails, we’ll look at the OC.

Gary Sapp
        Ute Fan
        @uofuman

Not so much that we like him in comparison, its just we need to stick with someone and build some continuity.  And at this point, he seems like the most likely guy to get us an offense built we have seen in 12 years.

7 2

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Jesus people Taylor has been here half a season. Give him two years before you pull out the pitchforks. We’ve had a revolving door on OC office since Norm Chow left abruptly. If you fire a rising star, who will you get to replace him?

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Who has pulled out pitchforks? I want to surround Taylor with talent and give home the best chance to succeed. 

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

For the record, I agree that he needs to be given time to see what he can really do but a rising star? How so? That’s exactly what my initial comment was referring to. Where is all this optimism coming from? He hasn’t every done anything coaching. EW offense was the best in the country before he got there. He stayed one year. I don’t get it.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Gross. 

SteelUte
      Ute Fan
      @steelute

Sark is not coming here.  I don’t really think we want him here.

Here’s my 2.5 cents.

Reality is, we aren’t the best team on the field most weeks right now. We have a sophmore qb that is going to take his lumps. He’s got a lot of potential, but he’s not a world beater just yet. He may get there next year. Our O-line is not great.  Our defense can’t get a sack for some reason. I hope this can change, because that our D-line is the lifeblood of our success.  Our running game is wildly inconsistent, mainly because our running backs need to line up knowing they are going to run the ball.  The R.P.O is not clicking.  Maybe it was just Huntley off his groove coming back, but that offense was flat as ever. 

8 1

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Why keep recycling old Utah, BYU guys?   IMO this has held the U back from progressing in the past.  Most successful hires: guys from smaller schools in Ohio (Urban Meyer) and Indiana (Majerus).

Let’s give Troy Taylor some time to develop his ohfense at Utah before throwing him to the curb.  Think about it if doesn’t show a big improvement by Huntley’s senior season.

2 1

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

If you think Sark is an old BYU guy, you’ve lost all credibility. Sark has been QB coach of Heisman QB’s. He has been OC at USC and Alabama. He gave Petersen the talent of a top 10 team in washington.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

…and so it begins. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

What, adding talent to the coaching staff so Taylor can have the best chance to succeed?

yeah, I’d hope we’d all want that to happen. 

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

My assumption is if Sark is coming, Taylor is not staying, unless you’re lobbying for Sark to replace KWhitt.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

I never said that. Look at my original post. 

I want to surround Taylor with talent. Sark is talent. Make Sark QB coach or an offensive assistant or whatever. 

Like I said in my OP, I doubt Sark would do that though. He can get a better job somewhere else, but I’d make the call if I was Whitt. 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Reading through the responses, it’s clear a lot of you didn’t even read what I wrote completely before responding. 

Nice. 

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

I’m ignoring the nonsensensical part about Sark going anywhere to be anything less than OC.

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

Yeah Sark will come here as QB coach right after Andy Reid starts coaching at BYU

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football If Atl fires Sark, I’d try to get him here in some capacity.