Viewing 5 reply threads

HCHooligan
      Ute Fan
      @hchooligan

5 33

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Wow… so many all Americans and absolutely nothing to show for it. These guys were all great, and this season was really fun, but the end result was the same as last year when we didn’t have Huntley or moss for much of the year. All those guys improved their draft stock coming back, but ultimately they all failed as a team.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Somebody get this guy an upper.  I know the holidays can be rough on people but your level of negativity over the past few days has been next level, even by your standards.

6 2

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

First of all f**k you (everybody feels bad, more so the players and coaches), secondly Oregon feels the same way except they should be undefeated and in the CFF and Utah in the rose bowl. Oh well, I’m excited about next year.

4 10

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Lol, chill dude. It’s ok to admit these guys didn’t do what they set out to do. They had a good season, just not the one they wanted.

7 3

gUrthBrooks
            Ute Fan
            @hammer

I’m not going to chill when you’re acting like an asshole. I was at the game at Levi, I understand we lost, I understand we failed at our goal, I sat on the Caltrain on the way back to San Fran while the duck fans rubbed it in our faces. Now you decide to be a dip s**t and act like the Duck fans, the BYU fans, etc. We were on the big stage and not just lost, but s**t the bed. Weeks after the loss when YM are being recognized you are going to drag us through that s**t one more time. How glad we are for you this Christmas season!!!

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

“absolutely nothing to show for it” — really? You lose any credibility with that kind of statement. They have PLENTY to show for it (11-2 record, best bowl game in Pac-12 era, south division title for second straight year, ranked in top 10 for much of the year, etc.)

The team failed to win the Pac12 and they failed to win a National Championship. What, in your opinion, would have not been a failure this year? Note, the word: “opinion.” Whether the team “failed” is entirely subjective; not an objective fact as you claim. If, in your opinion, anything short of a National Title is a failure, then, yes, the team was a failure. But, again, that is your opinion as to what constitutes success. Not a fact. A fact is what they did. Whether it was a success or failure is a subjective opinion.

13 3

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

@chinngiskhaan:

Would be interested to see if you would be comfortable looking any one of those young men in eye and telling them to their face that they failed. Success can be defined in a lot of different ways. On paper, did we get the ultimate outcome that we wanted this season? No. But this team won 11 games and has a chance to win 12 next week.

What these kids have done and what they mean to this program is the furthest thing from failure. You realize that Utah just signed it’s best recruiting class in the program’s history? Along with the highest-rated recruit ever? None of that happens without the work these guys did.

The program is trending up in a big way. I know it can be tough to see the forest for the trees sometimes, and the P12CG loss really affected me for a while too, but saying that these kids failed just is not true in my mind.

4 15

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

You guys can sugar coat it all you want. None of these guys failed individually. None of them let the team down. Don’t forget why they all came back though . They had unfinished business, and that business wasn’t just graduating with a degree in hand. Every one of those dudes would tell me to my face that, as a team, they failed to reach their goal. I don’t see why that is so negative. They aren’t any happier about the Alamo bowl than I am.

again, you guys can sugar coat it however you want. I never said the team didn’t make progress, but they DID fail. That is a factual statement. Accept it.

also, if you want to read more negativity into my post than I intended, that is on you. 

HCHooligan
          Ute Fan
          @hchooligan

I would suggest that your statement that the team has “nothing to show for it” is misleading, especially to the teammembers that didn’t accomplish their goal.  The college football world is not an “all or nothing” business – at least not for me.  Am I disappointed?  For sure!  Do I say the team accomplished nothing?  No way!  There’s so much positive that can be taken from this years’ accomplishments.

#RespectTheProcess

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

Im not claiming the season was a total loss. These guys will leave the program in a better state than it was in when they signed on. I had a ton of fun watching these guys… and the recruiting class this year has been our best ever IMO. It wasn’t a total loss, but they didn’t achieve their goal… they FAILED to achieve their goal. That’s not negativity, that’s just a fact.

6 4

User Suspended
              @a2ute

I agree with you…I think a lot of these Ute fans are still working toward the acceptance stage.

History will always look at the 2019 Utes as the “what if” team.

The game was not considered a “long shot” in fact the Utes were favored.  Utes blew it and forever it will be viewed as a failure to live up to what most believed. 

gUrthBrooks
                Ute Fan
                @hammer

No. We all know we s**t the bed on the biggest stage, so we’re moving on because it’s out of our control. No use hand wringing over past losses. It’s gone. It will likely not be back for a while. So we look forward to what we can root for rather than placing blame. Wake up and be an adult.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

So, everyone not wining the national championship has failed? Nothing in between? Non’t improve on a great year last year, failure?

1 3

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Yeah… that’s not the scathing at all bud. We clearly had the talent to beat Oregon, and we didn’t. They set the goal, don’t blame me for pointing out that they didn’t get there.

1 5

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

It’s just a game man. Sorry if me pointing out the obvious (which you seem to agree with) ruins your holiday or whatever.

2 1

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

And now Utehub gets toxic. This negativity is not wanted.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football In case you missed this…