Jealous of Cougarboard

Viewing 5 reply threads

utejeph
      Ute Fan
      @utejeph

Their topics and discussions are so active. Now I get why this is, they are a group that thrives off of confirmation bias, their whole world is based on them being able to say, look there are tons of people just like me, I’m normal. I think that about Fox News watchers as well, but I digress. I would love to see the level of activity that they have pretty much all year long replicated here or on.net. Anyways, I guess I’m trying to say I really want to waste a ton of time today talking Football and the Holy War.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Part of the problem is that fanbase has three or four sites. Cougar pats is where it’s at. They’re also idiots though so there is that.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by ironman1315.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

I agree, they do have a very active board. I think the fact that 90% or more are Mormon helps with the activity levels. Mormons tend to band together.

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

Fox News watchers just like a different spin vs the tripe CNN is currently pushing. 😉

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

Well, when their team isn’t very entertaining to watch on the field they have to find some way to keep themselves occupied.

Anonymous
      Inactive

You know, you were going along just fine until you threw in the gratuitous comment equating cougar board posters to Fox News followers. One say that Clinton News Network is equally bad and biased and so are their followers. Frankly I think all news media is junk nowadays.

I would like to point out that these forums are not UFN. Many came here to escape the incessant political posts at UFN. They’ve got a separate political forum here. Have at it. I don’t go there. Please don’t lost your political comments here.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I think part of cougarboard’s success is two fold: One HEAVY moderation, which as West showed above, is needed in this state/Mormon culture. If it doesn’t agree with us, we run from it. Cougarboard does a great job sheltering it’s posters from each other with the restrictions on what you can/can’t post about, quick deletions of posts, and barring certain topics unless you pay to play.

The second part to their success is how accessible it is. It’s easy to use, easy to read, and moves fast, BUT you can go on and on and on and on about a subject with one or two others if you want to with their notifications.

I think if someone copied cougarboard, they’d make a ton of money. Hide the crazy, pay to play, easy to navigate/use.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jealous of Cougarboard