Viewing 4 reply threads

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

4* RB John Randle signed today:

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Big one. OnlyU mentioned we had a good chance at landing him. How lucky are we to have such a knowledgeable insider here at UteHub?

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Boom, that’s a good surprise  does that make 6 composite 4 stars?

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Six! This is far and away the best class Utah has ever signed. 

cj13
          Ute Fan
          @cjohnsen13

I would say 7 because Damuni was a given a 4 star transfer rating

jamarcus24
        Ute Fan
        @jamarcus24

Smith Snowden has a 4-star rating by 247, Rivals, and ESPN but his 247 composite rating is 3-stars.  I guess I don’t understand the formula, but seems like his composite rating should be bumped up one star.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Snowden is .8892 and Mitchell is .8898 which puts them in the “borderline 4 star” category. I count 8 in the >.88 to <.90 range. Statistically speaking, there probably in very little difference in any of those 8 other than the prestige of saying 4 star instead of high 3 star.

jamarcus24
            Ute Fan
            @jamarcus24

I just don’t understand how the 247 Composite rating is calculated.  The only thing I do know is whatever Google told me, which is the rating is based on some proprietary algorithm that takes 247, Rivals, and ESPN rankings into account.  Not sure if there are other recruiting services that are factored in.  The numbers for both of those players from those sites are:

Smith Snowden: 247 – 90 (4-star), Rivals – 5.8 (4-star), ESPN – 80 (4-star)

Michael Mitchell: 247 – 86 (3-star), Rivals – 5.6 (3-star), ESPN – 81 (4-star)

So it’s interesting to me that across these three services Snowden has three 4-star rankings but Mitchell has the higher Composite rating.

I know stars don’t tell the whole story and I’m glad these kids are going to be joining the team.  Just curious how 247 comes to these ratings.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

If the rest of the commitments hold, it puts us at the 19th rated class in the country. 😀

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

He looks every bit the electric playmaker. He came out for USC game and was quoted as saying Utah is his school when asked about the schools recruiting him. These are the spoils of where the program is right now. Talented players coming in wanting to play for the program and willing to compete and earn their spot. Utah football keeps getting better. 

WasatchRanger
        Ute Fan
        @luke8675

Very excited for this guy! 

Any chance his commitment sways someone like Dijon Stanley or Mike Mitchell to hold off? Or do you think we sign all three 4-star guys?

//r00t4Utes
          Ute Fan
          @r00t4utes

ESPN has both Mitchell and Stanley still showing committed BUT also they’re both rated higher than Randle JR

Tednab
          Ute Fan
          @tednab

We’re gonna need the depth .. burned right through our RBs and TEs last year and secondary the year before . .. currently 3 in the pac behind SC and Oregon; which is also knocking it out of the park 3 5 stars and 14 4 stars … and we’ll probably still beat them

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Stanley always struck me as someone who they would try to put in the Covey/Dixon role instead of a true back.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football John Randle a surprise commit.