JP Zamora Decommits from Utah

Viewing 5 reply threads

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

JP Zamora opens up recruitment

Class of 2022 QB JP Zamora opens up his recruitment and decommits from Utah. A loss, but with the depth we have now, and the potential we have to land a more talented QB, I’m not to upset or worried about this.

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

Agreed. Might be because another commit is on the horizon??

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

That’s what I was thinking when I saw this…maybe we’ve got another higher rated target expected to commit.

CB
        Ute Fan
        @solidhobo

I was wondering if he was “pushed out” by Utah’s coaches because they’ve got another QB they are after, or if he decided on his own that he wants to play somewhere else. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was the former, but I guess we’ll see.

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

The Utes are so loaded at QB right now, can’t blame the guy. Speaks volumes to Utah’s depth right now.

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

I feel so bad for the kids today. So lost in the conundrum.

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

I am bothered every time someone does this kind of thing. Where is the competiveness? Where is the honoring of one’s commitments? …. I don’t know anything about this player. I am speaking to the unending use of the portal and the total lack of moxie I am seeing. Heck it even spills over to the NFL when guys like Rodgers get butt hurt because of Jordan Love. Are we becoming that kind of fragile?

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

I don’t have any problem with kids decommitting this early in the recruitment season.  A kid’s gotta do what’s best for him, and it’s not like schools haven’t done the reverse to committed kids in the past.  The problem is kids actually SIGNING with a program, then backing out after the fact — like Jack Tuttle and Caleb Lohner.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

We really don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. It is possible that the coaches told him they don’t have room for him so he should start looking elsewhere. In a case like that, the school doesn’t publicly announce that they are moving on from the kid. The kid will just say he’s reopening his commitment. So let’s not rush to say this kid isn’t competitive because it’s impossible for us on the outside to know.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

YOU SHOULD STOP BEING BOTHERED…unless you know 100% that this was not politely initiated by Utah. Hey JP, we want to be up front that we are targeting some higher rated QB’s for this class that if landed, could restrict our schollarship numbers. We’re not pulling your offer, but you should know the situation and we want to be 100% honest with you on where we see you slotted. – This is my conjecture only, but I think it’s likely what is happening.  

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Zamora didn’t decommit. Utah Coaches pulled his offer. Happens all the time at every college all over the country.

Coaches will take an early commit but if a better prospect comes along Coaches will tell the first commit he no longer has an offer and he needs to move on.

Zamora has plenty of time to land on his feet with another offer.

Players and schools have an unwritten agreement that the player will say on social media that he is reopening his recruitment so everyone looks good in the end.

Utah will definitely bring in a QB in the 2022 recruiting class.

Some names on the list are

Nate Johnson 6’2” 185 from Clovis, CA
      Jayden Denegal 6’4” 225 from Apple Valley, CA
      Richard Torres 6’6” 215 from San Antonio, TX
      Brandon Rose 6’2” 200 from Murrieta, CA

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

That Torres kid likes to air it out. Would be fun to see him up on the hill. 

AZUTE
          Ute Fan
          @azute

Yeah Torres has + + arm talent. He can make every throw with ease. Needs some development
          But his arm strength is 5*

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

I don’t doubt this, but I am not a fan of the practice. It seems that once a scholarship offer has been given and the kid has accepted, the school should honor it. I would be pretty upset if I had committed to a school and then had the offer pulled. I realize the schools often kid hosed by kids that change their commitment, so it works both ways and is probably fair in that sense, but I still am not a fan.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

I get it but at the end if the day, it’s the coaches jobs that are on the line. Better to let the kid know now than later.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Is it better to recruit and sign a different highly rated recruit, get the lesser rated kid on campus too, but then the kid gets beat out and rides the pine?

I do t think it’s as harsh as we’re pulling your schollie offer. It’s probably more like we’re getting this kid too her are your options. We think it’s unlikely you’ll see the field with us.

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

If both parties are up front and honest the whole time I’m ok with it. In the case of Costelli and Tuttle I think Utah told each guy that he was OUR guy and that’s it. I don’t think they told Zamora this.

AZUTE
            Ute Fan
            @azute

Tuttle was such a wuss Utah had to tell him and his Dad he was the only QB Utah would sign that year.

Costelli knew Utah would bring in multiple transfer QBs this year but he’s not afraid of a little competition and still signed with Utah

Don’t get those two QBs mixed up again they are on different levels mentally

Ute Dub
              Ute Fan
              @chestercopperpot

Nah. Utah told both guys they were the only QB they would take that year and stopped recruiting others for that year, mostly (Utah also took that 6’6″ project kid). The comparison is fine.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

I hadn’t seen any evidence that Utah pulled the offer, but if we did, we’d better sign Denegal, because that’s the ONLY QB on your list that I’d prefer over Zamora.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football JP Zamora Decommits from Utah