KWs presser

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

KW seemed very happy and joking today.

Defense played well.  The line has stepped forward since the beginning of the season.

Offense took 5 possessions to get going.

Special teams have been quiet most of this season.

No shortage of talent at ASU.  We need to have a good week of practice and be ready to play in the 95-degree weather.

We have had two games with a slow start.  We should do better than that, but it is not panic time.  We will make some adjustments before the ASU game.  The 3-3-5 did cause us some problems because it is a bit unique.

He does not expect a lot of change in the schemes from ASU with the coaching change.

ASU’s rushing D was porous.

Sometimes a change in coaches is like playing a wounded animal.

Tavion had an emotional week due to a loss in the family.  (Sounds like it may have been a grandparent that helped raise him.)   He had the chance not to play last Saturday, but opted to play.  He still may go to a funeral this week.  KW admits that Tavion was not his usual self.

Sorry to lose Curry, everyone now has to step up.  Expects Curry to be back next year.  They travel with four backs.  They need to decide who the 4th guy will be.

Junior Tafuna has stepped up and is playing well.  Peppa is showing some promise.  The D ends have been consistent.

Hopes Diabate and Phillips are back this week.

Jones and Daniels are the same style QB.  Jones is bigger but less elusive.  They are working on a D plan to keep him contained.

Noyes has developed into a good kicker.  He was raw when we first got him.

Need to be better at punting.

Kincaid should not have tried to hurdle this last Saturday night.  However, Kincaid is such a great athlete that they don’t want to take anything away from him.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Here’s a link to KW’s presser if you want to listen to it. 

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I do this for those who may not have the time to listen to it.  I have time because I am retired.

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

GREATLY appreciated, Proud.  I love Whitt, but he’s all about the coach-speak so I appreciate you cutting that junk out.

FtheY
            Ute Fan
            @fthey

Wanted to say thanks to both of you guys. I don’t post as much as I used to but always look forward to your summaries, Proud. I don’t always have time to consume the whole article or interview but you make it easy. Thank you. 

Backer, thanks for keeping us going with some play by play on chat while waiting for the game to switch back from ESPN news. Much appreciated. 

And thanks to others for their takes and to Tony for the community here – y’all are awesome. 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Oh yeah keep it up man. 

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

I’m not sold on the d-line.  Gabe Reid did look good in contain.  Read the plays and made the right reads.  Didn’t see him pass rush, so don’t know how he is there.  

WR got more targets and made some tough catches.  Didn’t see them get separation though.  Personnel and scheme limiting the number of playmakers we put out on the field and get touches.

Team doesn’t have that special sauce right now.  They didn’t last year at this time and we found it, but I expected it to carry over from last year.  Hope we’re finding it.

LetItRide
        Ute Fan
        @letitride

Vele separated early multiple times but Cam chose Kuithe early on.
        Was bringing it up to others at the game and Cam must of listened. Lol.
        Dude can snare the ball up high or catch passes like the tip toe catch in end zone.

We need to “Utelize” him more.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.