Linebackers

Viewing 3 reply threads

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I missed it, what was the reason Diabate did not play on Saturday?  I thought Mata’afa was the first subsutition.  I think Medlock was next in.  I did not see either Calvert brother.  I was wondering if Ethan and Josh are both healthy.  Barton ran with the 1s and 2s, I suppose to get more reps.  I was wondering where the LB depth chart will settle into.

prestitute
      Ute Fan
      @prestitute

Whitt has been quiet about it, as always with non season ending injuries. Sounds like he may be back next week, but I don’t think it is clear. 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Diabate is injured. Tony said he’ll be out 3-5 weeks. Not sure where Tony heard that, but I don’t think he’d be repeating it if he wasn’t reasonably sure.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

KW said he hopes to have Diabate back next Saturday.  But, I don’t know if that is coach speak or not.

fosternano
          Ute Fan
          @fosternano

Thankfully he won’t be needed as badly until the USC game on 10/15

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

There’s a dude who sits behind me at the games that’s fairly connected to team happenings. That’s what he told me at the game when I noticed Diabate wasn’t playing. 

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Calverts: I don’t believe Ethan is ready yet. There were comments late in fall camp that made it seem like he was just getting back up to full speed and needed to shake the rust off after essentially two years of no game action.
      Josh was on kick coverage but I did not see him get any time at his position in either of the last two games when they went deep on the depth chart.

Also haven’t noticed Tufaga so the lauded 2021 LB class has been pretty disappointing so far. Reynolds transferred out, Bishop to safety, Ellis to DE, the Calvert’s. Normally I don’t worry if a guy doesn’t get on the field right away but when true freshmen and walk-ons are currently getting reps, I start to wonder what’s going on.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.