missed the first half. just watching it now

Viewing 3 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

can we talk about utah not coming after the punt when oregon state punted from their 1 yard line on their opening drive? the snap was awful and dropped by the punter and is guaranteed to be blocked for 2-6 points if we arent in punt safe???

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Inside the 5 I favor the punt block set. The shorter drop speeds the kick and often causes a short kick. The lack of return blocking is offset by a line trying to max protect. Good field position is pretty much guaranteed. From the 1 it should be a no-brainer. It’s 7 points more than it is 2.

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Agree. ST play altogether is a completer mess. What exactly is the punt return doing? 3-4 Utah players get through the line than stop and stand in front of the shield and watch the punter kick the ball. I guess they then block the punter and shield players while the rest of the team tries to block as Covey calls a fair catch.

2 1

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

Under normal circumstances I would agree.  When you have one of the best punt returners in the country you set up the return when you know it is a one step kick and will be fielded inside the 50 makes the probability of a great return very high.  The likelyhood of a block or muffed snap is lower than getting a roughing penalty going after the kick.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

You don’t risk a ruffing call when you are almost guaranteed good field position.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football missed the first half. just watching it now