My uneducated, zero sources, non-insider QB prediction

Viewing 2 reply threads

AZUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @azutefan

2021 Starting QB: Charlie Brewer  

He is the best QB on the roster and I don’t think it’s as close as KW & company are saying.  But this day & age w/the transfer portal, we can’t afford to have Cam Rising transfer, hence the coach speak about the close competition.  With that said, Rising is one snap away from being the starting QB.  Also, Rising is the odds on favorite to be the 2022 & 2023 starter.  So having Rising transfer could set us back at the QB spot a year or two.  We need him to be ready to play this year and to be the man for the next 2 years.

But I believe Charlie Brewer was promised the starting spot before he even stepped foot on campus (this is based off my 100% lack of inside sources & my zero connections to the program) and will lead Utah to our first PAC 12 championship!

GO UTES!

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

I will say there were no promises given but when Brewer signed on there were many questions about Cam’s health so his chances were very good. I will also say this race is VERY close from a skill standpoint…That’s not Coach speak. Cam is legit despite the struggles we saw in the first half of game 1, during CoVid, against USC, without Spring practice, in his first college start, etc., etc. Add to that the many challenges with the Fall practice last year and you don’t really have much to go on regarding Cam’s skill or ability.

Before all is said and done I think Cam will make his mark significantly in the Ute backfield. The only question is does that come sooner rather than later.

AZUteFan
        Ute Fan
        @azutefan

^^^I trust this guy!  Onlyu insider info >>>> OP insider info

Love to hear that Cam is pushing Brewer to be the starter because that is a positive sign for the future at QB.  To your point, I have only seen Cam play 1 quarter of D1 football in the most unusual circumstances possible.  But I love the accuracy, mobility, and experience factor a QB like Brewer brings to the table. 

I remember Covey talking about Brewer in spring ball in a way that he hasn’t spoken about other Utah QB’s, including Huntely.  Wish I could find the quote but something along the lines of Brewer has the ability to get out of the pocket, keep his eyes down the field, and make an accurate throw on the run unlike any QB we have had…not a direct quote!

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

I’m very bullish about this team. Excited about the QB play, the O-line, TE’s, RB’s, WR’s, LB’s, D-line, etc. Worry about Safety number 2 (only because we haven’t seen him yet and also the weak side end for the same reason. Depth and talent are there…coaching stability is there.

Opportunity is there but doesn’t make it easy. Gonna be a challenge but think the floor could literally be 10 wins…and saying that makes me really nervous. Different feel up there right now so this could absolutely be the year we take another step forward.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Good enough for me. Rising is QB 1.

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

I’m not so sure…I think the experience Charlie brings in will be tough to top but I thought the same about Bentley last year. Then Cam came in clearly beat Jake (wasn’t a competition at all) in camp and deserved to start. He’s trying to do the same thing as we speak.

Charlie is much different than Jake was though. Like I said this one is close and I’ll be happy with either one because they are both plenty talented and with a better overall surrounding group.

Should see a night and day difference year over year.

Johnny
            Ute Fan
            @johnny

Yeah the safety situation is my biggest concern. A lot of turnover last couple years. Even when Blackmon went down the Oregon game almost 2 years ago, we saw a huge paradigm shift on that elite defense.

*Edit: Oh man, I was trying to reply to your post above. Wish we could move posts around lol

4 4

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

With the new year so close it is pointless to make guesses.  Whitt and Ludwig have earned trust related to key starting position decision so why call a peanut gallary into session?  We have reason to expect another awesome year.  With three cupcake games to start the season and with WSU being the first Pac-12 game, we have an opportunity to exercise options at QB and RB to assess performance in games that are reduced risk.  By USC week I believe we will have a feel for our starters.  I know you intend just uninformed banter but I wonder why stress at all.  What matters now is now and only those at camp have an idea.

7 1

AZUteFan
        Ute Fan
        @azutefan

Ha ha!!!  Yes, very pointless for fans to make guesses on who the starting QB will be during fall camp!  This is serious business…not some armchair QB message board where we throw out ideas, thoughts, crazy ass predictions, etc.

It had been 16 hours since the previous post and so I figure I’ll throw out my QB prediction, as uneducated as it may be, and then Charlie (I’m guessing no relation to Charlie Brewer?) here thinks this is too stressful a topic!  It’s no wonder there was a 16 hour gap between my post the the previous.  

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

That’s the great part about being a fan. We can makes guesses and predictions without actually having to make the decisions so it’s all fun. Some of us will be right, some will be wrong, but either way, it’s all just for fun as far as we’re concerned.

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

It’s all part of being a fan. Sure; we could all just wait and see what happens, but people get excited and like to make predictions or FANtasize about the upcoming season! Cheers!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My uneducated, zero sources, non-insider QB prediction