Viewing 3 reply threads

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Not surprising.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Well that sucks! But at least it’s not a position where we’re lacking talent. At some point we’re bound to get some good news from some of these “on the fence” guys, right?

ALUF
        Ute Fan
        @dbgii77

Shouldn’t we want as many guys going to the draft every year as much as possible? I would think that better players would be attracted here if they knew it was a straight shot to the draft

Larry B
          Ute Fan
          @larryb

I mean, at this point if a high school kid playing defense doesn’t know going to Utah is a straight shot to the NFL, they aren’t paying attention. I’m just saying that Sewell leaving early sucks for my selfish reason of wanting to see him play for the Utes one more year. Obviously it’s good for him and I wish him nothing but the best.

ALUF
            Ute Fan
            @dbgii77

And I agree with that, I’ve just seen some other fan bases legit be p**sed off that there qb or rb etc. leave early

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Yep, this is probably the least concerning position group right now, but there will be growing pains even with the insane talent waiting in the wings. Lloyd is a game-changer and Sewell was very good.

I’m honestly not expecting anyone to come back that has a chance of being drafted. Nor should they unless they need more development and playing time to get a draftable grade.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

If he can get drafted – good for him.

This is what I want for all of our players.  I would love to see them stay, but if they can play on Sundays – good for them.  There was a day when it was rare to see a Ute leave early.  Now, we see it all the time.  I think this is exactly where we want to be.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I think the negotiations between Britain, Noah, Nephi, and Gabe Reid resulted in them deciding it was not in their best mutual interest to get together. That’s okay. We’ll be fine.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Nephi Sewell declaring for NFL draft.