Not so fast on the Pac 12’s demise

Viewing 2 reply threads

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

Even if you exclude USC and UCLA from the Pac 12, if you are Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Kansas, K-State, Iowa State and possibly TCU, doesn’t the Pac 12 look more attractive with what they will have left than what the Big 12 will be left with?  Having the schools in OR and WA, Cal, Stanford, Utah, Colorado and the AZ schools has to be a more attractive play for those schools to jump ship to than sticking with the likes of BYU, UCF, Cincy and Houston.  Am I missing something here?  I can see Iowa State and Kansas jumping to the Big 10 but if they add USC and UCLA will they even get a sniff from the Big 10?  West Virginia seems like a natural jump to the ACC and probably should have before.  So what is left of the Big 12?  A steaming pile of G5 schools.  Thoughts?

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Sure. But Wilner just Tweeted his sources tell him the BIG isn’t done yet. If that means UW, UO, Cal, Stanford or any combination of those, would those schools really want to join the PAC?

Utegator
        Ute Fan
        @utegator

Why wouldn’t they want Utah over Cal? and UW and UO cant leave without WSU and OSU. 

ryynoo
          Ute Fan
          @ryynoo

This is absolutley not true. Where did you hear that UW and UO are tied to WSU and OSU? Papers here in Seattle are discussing that both UW and UO likely to leave w/o WSU and OSU.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

Well yes, that would change everything but someone on here said that the OR and WA schools are a package deal due to some laws they have.  Also, how big does the Big 10 think they need to be or will they abandon teams like Rutgers?  Or is this the start of a 4 division super league of east, north, south and west?  

If I were UCLA, I would be very careful in this.  I see them becoming another Indiana in the Big 10.  A former basketball great that can’t make it above water in anything else.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Some seem to think the SEC and BIG will settle on 20 a piece when it’s all said and done. And don’t think UO and UW won’t bolt without the other two. They’ll make it happen just like OU did to OkSt.

LetItRide
            Ute Fan
            @letitride

Herbstreet just mentioned possibly 50-55 teams total in a two conference scenario like a NFC\AfC situation. There will be some P5 schools left out.

Crazy.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Baylor has developed a darn good athletic program (were the doormat for a while, granted).  OK State is perennielly just below Oklahoma, even knocked out OU a few times, recently, especially basketball.  Big-12 is arguably one of the top two college basketball conferences as well as having strong baseball, golf, and wrestling programs for example.  Granted, some of that will be diluted when Oklahoma leaves (baseball, golf, gymnastics and softball being very strong as well as football), and to a lesser, extent, Texas (you can see my bias).

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

Football is king and basketball is queen.  The rest of the sports are irrelevant when it comes to all of this allignment stuff.  I forgot to add Baylor.  I knew I was missing someone.  I really see this all evolving into 2-4 big super conferences and hopefully Utah gets picked up somewhere.  I find all the c**kiness of the BYU fans to be hilarious because the Big 12 without Texas and Oklahoma is way more exposed that the Pac 12 without UCLA and USC.  Especially if WVU bolts to the ACC and Kansas and Iowa State bolt to the Big 12.  Their basketball prowess would take a massive hit.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Not so fast on the Pac 12’s demise