Ohio State or Iowa?

Viewing 10 reply threads

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Who would you guys rather face in THE ROSE BOWL? I can’t believe we’re able to ask that, what a year.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Beating up Ohio st would really cap off an amazing season and potentially a top ten finish. Preseason for 2022 would be set up nicely. 

Uteified
      Ute Fan
      @uteified

OSU by a mile. 

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

My Wife went to Iowa, so go Hawkeyes!

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Ohio State. Always want to play the best. I want to see how the Utes stack up against elite teams. 

Gugstanley
      Ute Fan
      @gugstanley

I would like to see Utah play those arrogant assholes from The Ohio State University

PNW Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pnwute

an Ohio State University. Definitely.

perceptionate
      Ute Fan
      @perceptionate

Iowa. If we play Iowa, that means they beat Michigan in the Big 10 championship. So there would be a lot of buzz and excitement around both teams. I’m not really sure how motivated Ohio State would be in comparison.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Motivation is a weak excuse for weak teams. Gimme OSU.

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

Even if Iowa beats Michigan in the championship game today there would be more prestige in beating Ohio state.

This is all assuming it’s a good game regardless of the winner and Utah doesn’t get smacked (I’m assuming it’ll be a good game)

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Those Ohio State receivers against Phillips and whoever is left at the other corner?

I think Utah can score on either Ohio State or Iowa but that Ohio State passing game is scary.,, Still, you want the toughest opponent you can get in a bowl game and Utah has gotten jobbed many times. Bring on the big scary buckeyes and rub a little duck butter in their faces.

ayoriver
        Ute Fan
        @ayoriver

Watched the OSU-Purdue highlights early and I couldn’t help but think how scary their throw game looks. The thing that intrigues me the most about that potential match up, though, is what that pass attack would look like if we eliminate their run game. Sometimes it feels like their run game gets overlooked in terms of how it opens up their passing game. Stop the run, have fun as Mika Tafua said post-game.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Need a completely different gameplan than Oregon for a team like Ohio State. You’ve got to able to drop 6 while still shutting down the run game as they can beat you either way. Wilson, Olave and Nbaka-something is like taking on 3 Drake London’s while still trying to stop an all-conference true freshman running back.

Utah’s D Line will have to get pressure all game only rushing 4, Lloyd and Sewell will need to own the middle and the DB’s will need to have the best games of their lives in coverage. Shutting down that offense is almost a fool’s errand, but if Utah can slow them long enough for Rising and the boys to score points, Utah can absolutely win the game. Doable.,, not easy but doable. Just have to know that taking one thing away from Ohio State will not have the same effect as it did against Oregon.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

No question, Ohio State.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ohio State or Iowa?