OnlyU any updates on Huntley?

Viewing 5 reply threads

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

Does he play at all? I’m really hoping we are saving him for Washington

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Huntley says he’s playing, but he’s not the coach.

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

Huntley has practiced this week.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I get why you say that you would like to save him for the UW game.  However, I hope he is able to play.  Every game from now on is equally important.  If he is not able to play at full speed and cannot run the entire offense (run the RPO), he should not play.  If he can go at full speed, I would play him.  Continuity and consistency with our offense is important.  If he doesn’t play, we lose some of that going into the UW game.  I get that we will likely need him more in the UW game than the Cal game, but I still think if he is ready to play full-speed and he doesn’t risk further injury – he should play.  Just my two cents.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Take it for what its worth but Hans says that injury isn’t serious and he will play against Cal. I agree to looks like a stinger type knee injury.
      They will do pre game evaluations and determine if he is ready to go is my opinion. 

salty-ute
        Ute Fan
        @salty-ute

Stinger is typically a neck related nervous system injury. He strained his MCL according to those with some connection to the program.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yeah what I mean is it hurts more day off and feels better later like a stinger type injury. 

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Tyler’s status hasn’t been decided as of last night. Still trying to evaluate his effectiveness vs. the risk. If he can’t go Lisk is the 2.

AgouraUte
        @agouraute

Thanks

javadave
        Ute Fan
        @javadave

Maybe this has been discussed, but why did Shelley come in after Lisk vs ASU? Lisk seemed to be playing pretty well.

tedward
          Ute Fan
          @tedward

Answer given by Whit was that after the Lisk plays (were there just 3?), Huntley came back in. Then in the 2nd half, Huntley couldn’t go, but the clock and circumstance dictated a running/clock-eating strategy, and Shelley is better-suited to that strategy. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I’d imagine they play Lisk but then bring Shelley in for situational runs. Which I don’t really like. I loathe two QB looks. I don’t mind direct snaps to the RB really. Which I would prefer direct snaps to Moss vs bringing in a RPO from Shelley. 

Shelley had a throw and it was turrible. 

javadave
            Ute Fan
            @javadave

Thanks. Makes sense.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football OnlyU any updates on Huntley?