OnlyU, what’s the story with Tavion Thomas?

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Why was he brought in? Where does he fit in the depth chart?

HCHooligan
      Ute Fan
      @hchooligan

Seems to have great speed and shiftiness at 6’2″ 233. I’d say he’s well worth the scholie. And *if* he can catch out of the backfield, he adds depth in the throw game.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

He was only targeted with a pass, something like 3 times while at Cinci.

UtahMan17
      Ute Fan
      @utahman17

Definitely curious what OnlyU has for us, but I think the fact they added him to an already solid RB depth chart (and despite character issues) implies they think he can potentially step in and be the clear RB1. 

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I agree. The coaches definitely see something in him. Kiel McDonald and Whitt have earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to running backs.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

I dunno if it does imply that. I honestly think, that coming from a JUCO season, he’s probably expected to come in and compete in fall, but I would doubt that they think he’ll step in over Curry or Pledger, or Bernard. I guess there’s more to come from “sources.” 😉

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Multi year eligibility and you’re an injury or two away from being a lot thinner. This guy had offers to the blue bloods coming out so it’s one of those spots where you take him regardless of what you have and see how it goes.

The portal world we live in now makes it a lot harder to project depth into the future. This just adds another piece. We have an incredible amount of depth there (and elsewhere) now so let’s see where they stack up.

Don’t worry about the other spots either…WR and Safety will be addressed and in a very good way soon. Plenty of wiggle room with available spots.

Dresden_Stormblessed
            Ute Fan
            @dresden

Forget Jason Mamoa or the Hemsworth brothers. OnlyU is my man-crush.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football OnlyU, what’s the story with Tavion Thomas?