Our once promising RB Jordan WIlmore is headed to Logan

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He played sparingly at Fresno State last year.  I hope he does well at USU.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

It’s always interesting to see how it plays out for transfers. More often than not, it doesn’t work out and they just end up transferring multiple times. For every Cam Rising, there are 20 Jordan Wilmores.

Maybe third time’s a charm for Wilmore.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Willmore just didn’t have his heart in the game at Utah. Other guys just seemed like they wanted it more 

UtahMan17
        Ute Fan
        @utahman17

Sure, Ty Jordan and Zack Moss wanted it more, but they also were just way more talented. He probably even knew that Micah was rapidly passing him by in ability as well. 

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Wilmore had(has) plenty of talent. There’s a reason he was RB2 as a true freshman in 2019. His only issue, and you can see it all the way back on his HS tape, is that he always goes down on first contact. Running backs that can take it to the house on a perfectly blocked play are a dime a dozen. It’s the ability and willingness to turn nothing into something that separates the men from the boys and I never saw that out of Wilmore in games.

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

yeah, that’s pretty much what I was alluding to. You could see it when he ran the football. He just didn’t seem like he enjoyed taking on defenders like some of our other running backs. Maybe it’s a skill thing, maybe it’s a desire thing. I really don’t know, I’m not a football expert, but you could see it in the way he ran the ball. He was equally good at getting to his spot, but he could not shake off that first hit.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Devin Brumfield was #2 in 2019

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

That’s up for debate. In the first couple of games, they made sure to get Wilmore a series in the first half to spell Moss. In the OOC games, Wilmore didn’t do anything to distinguish himself and it is telling that Brumfield got the bulk of the reps when Moss went down against SC, and then for the rest of the season.

In 2020, they gave the same treatment to 22 and he made the most of the opportunity. And in 2021, there was always a 2nd back that got early reps so while it appears to be a plan, it is definitely fluid in who the RB2 is from week to week.

Carries by Game 2019:
              Wilmore – 4, 6, 7.,, USC (1)
              Brumfield – 0, 3, 3.,, USC (10)

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

I hope he does well in Logan!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Our once promising RB Jordan WIlmore is headed to Logan