Viewing 4 reply threads

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo
      10 1

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

Glad we will see the Utes on the field this year, but could we really not get the season started a week earlier on Oct 31…?

6 1

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I’m pretty sure we won’t be included in the CFP this year.

Sir Potsdam
        Ute Fan
        @sirpotsdam

The information from 247 in the link above states that the season will start on November 6th with the PAC 12 Championship being played on December 18th “enabling Pac-12 teams to be considered for selection by the CFP.

5 2

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

It would require a huge melt down at the top of the other conferences for the PAC 12 to be considered for the CFP. No chance the PAC gets in again this year.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

With the cancellation rates in the other leagues who can say.  Baylor has not played 1 game in 4 attempts.  The ACC has cancelled multiple league games already.  None of the conferences are playing true crossover out of league games.  Why not a 7-0 Pac12 team?

4 1

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

If they’re unable to play a full schedule how are we going to? You mean 4-0 PAC 12?

The PAC painted themselves into a corner. They have zero leeway here. The other conferences have time to make up for postponements.

4 1

UtMtBiker
            Ute Fan
            @utmtbiker

Science has had some time to help. Well have testing that the others didn’t when they started. It’s not a sure thing but it will help.

6 1

CB
        Ute Fan
        @solidhobo

I wasn’t trying to allude to wanting Oct start date because of the CFP, and the Utes are not going to the playoffs this year lol. I just don’t understand why 5 weeks isn’t enough time to get ready, when you’ve had the entire off season to prepare. The Big10 is starting Oct 24, with the MW possibly also starting then, so why are we starting 2 weeks after them? Just would have been fun to see the Utes playing on Halloween is what I was getting at.

Mule
          Ute Fan
          @mule

Half the league could easily be ready for Oct 31 if not sooner, but the other half (CA and OR schools) haven’t really been practicing because of State Covid restrictions. So those schools need 5 weeks to get ready. At least that’s the story as I understand it anyway…

CB
            Ute Fan
            @solidhobo

Yep they could. The Mountain West came out like an hour ago and they are starting their season Oct 24. Makes sense right….?

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

If San Jose State, Fresno State, and San Diego State can be ready by Oct. 24, why can’t the PAC schools also be ready by then? They’re from the same state. I think it has more to do with Chip Kelly sitting on his butt the entire time and not having his team work out. Even if they had to modify it they could have still been working out outdoors.

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

Cause “it isn’t f#$@^$# ping pong” ~ Jimmy Lake

Gary Sapp
      Ute Fan
      @uofuman

Plus the Mtn West has teams like New Mexico that are under very tight quarantine restricts so practicing is going to be very difficult.

//r00t4Utes
      Ute Fan
      @r00t4utes

I also saw the Boulder has very tight restrictions so the Buffs wont be able to start practice for 2 weeks, unless something changes before then.

I would also say the PAC12 schools in Cali carry the most influence where the same cannot be said for the MWC schools in Cali.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Pac12 officially approves season restart Nov 6-7