Pitt coach mad at Utah

Viewing 11 reply threads

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

He says we used NIL to lure our lowest rated recruit in the class from them. When he was an unsigned recruit. Is he behind the times?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Fixed your post. Please use the link dialog instead of posting a long link!

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Whoops. Thought I grabbed the tweet not the article URL 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

NIL is part of the game now, is it not? 

jcslc2020
      Ute Fan
      @jcslc2020

Memo to Pitt coach you don’t think usc used NIL money to lure Jordan Addison away from you and to usc.Get over it dude that’s the times we’re living in yea it sucks but that’s the way things are now

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
      Ute Fan
      @alaskasteveutealum

This was happening before NIL. Now, it’s just out in the open, but still unregulated. Since the upper level of college football is becoming a professional minor league, just have an official draft of high school graduates each year, and team salary caps, in order to have some semblance of fairness.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Are students allowed to play immediately after a transfer indefinitely? I know it was allowed because of weird COVID stuff, but is that a new rule indefinitely or will they have to sit out a year at some point for future transfers??

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

I thought the 1-year sit-out rule was for transfers within a conference?  Maybe that is permanently waived now?

ayoriver
      Ute Fan
      @ayoriver

It’s official, Utah is one of the big boys. Using NIL to get an advantage over lesser programs (when absolutely no other advantages exist, obviously). We made it! Next stop, CFP and then bring on the Super Conferences!

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Utah has also had recruits that seemed destined to play for us change their minds and go elsewhere.  That is the way it is now I’m afraid.

McBride of Frankenstein
      Ute Fan
      @mcbrideoffrankenstein

….dang those Utes! they used legal mechanisms to entice a player and we haven’t been smart enough to do the same.  For shame!!

Northendzone Ute5
      Ute Fan
      @northendzoneute5

How can they use the word “tampering” when this kid is just a verbal commit.

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Wa wa wa!!!

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I still find it funny that a year ago we were complaining that NIL was going to ruin Utah football. Fast forward a year…we just landed our best recruiting class in history and we’re being accused of tossing briefcases of NIL money at recruits.

Times sure do change, don’t they?

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Anyone else remember when Pitt fans were telling us we didn’t belong in the Fiesta Bowl and they were going to kill us. Seems things have changed for them vis-a-vis Utah, and not for the better. LOL

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Pitt coach mad at Utah