Positive Ramblings

Viewing 7 reply threads

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

With so much uncertainty right now and maybe foreseeable future in CFB, I’m going to try and just focus on the positives. And I actually have some time while my 2 year old is napping 😆 I’m probably missing some but anyway, my positives for 2024:

Whitt and Scalley: Nuff said

Cam Rising: All American level quarterback and will be playing against even weaker defenses.

Isaac Wilson: Has “it” factor and loves the U. And Becker class of 25.

Micah Bernard & Anthony Woods: rb train keeps rolling. Glover also in the mix.

Pittman: Assuming he’s back and healthy, sky’s the limit with Cam. Parks big step forward. And I really like the Washington recruit we just signed.

Kuithe & King: Assuming BK is back. Both All American potential level TEs. And the Carson Ryan edition will be huge. Especially in blocking.

Barton: All American level LB

Ellis: Already All American and returning. Tafuna, fully healthy O’Toole.

And honestly most the defense I’m solid on. Especially in Big12 play. Corners young but big potential. Especially Snowden. Yes safety will be tested but I really like what Ritchie and Hall possibly could do. Go Utes!

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

Bouwmeester & Becker (with Cheeks as backup): kicking game is down. Let’s bring some awards back to Utah

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Ellis: Already All American and returning.

Is that a fact? Just because we haven’t heard anything from him or his camp about declaring for the NFL doesn’t mean it won’t eventually happen. Sure, I’d love for him to come back but is it really realistic? I mean, he’s by far the highest ranked Ute in the projected 2024 NFL Draft and a borderline 1st RD pick. There really isn’t more that he can do to raise his draft stock but an injury or a bad season in 2024 could certainly lower it. So, why would he stay if his eventual plan is to play in the NFL? He could end up costing himself a lot of money.

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

I thought I saw his dad say something a couple days ago that indicated it’s more than likely he returns. Can’t find a link though. /shrug

Anfernee
        Ute Fan
        @anfernee

@AMarkhamRivals

“Before his injury, Elliss was leaning towards declaring. Now the sense is that’s no longer case with the time he missed & he also didn’t choose to walk on Senior Day. Laumea accepted a Senior Bowl invite, so even though he hasn’t put out an announcement, it’s likely coming.”

Rick
          Ute Fan
          @rickyrules

It may also be a function of him not being able to perform at the combine or pro day due to his injury. Not sure but that would make some sense to me.

tanute3
        Ute Fan
        @tanute3

Miami, Ellis is returning. I know you struggle to understand it but it’s happening

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

If he does come back, then I’ll be most pleasantly surprised. It just doesn’t compute given the exigencies of the world we live in. Last guy I saw do that, and really the only guy I can recall, was Herbert who turned down a sure 1st RD grade to return to Oregon for his senior season.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

His dad said he’s coming back

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

Might want to play a year with his brother

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

Don’t sleep on Mitchell at RB. OnlyU could say more but some are saying he was a beast on scout team and will do damage next year.

UteManX
      Ute Fan
      @utemanx

Ellis is coming back. from what I am hearing, I am 95% confident in saying that.

9 1

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Some will disagree, but the OC is a major positive. He won 8 games against the most brutal Utah football schedule in school history without a featured QB or healthy RB.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Ellis is Back…. Kuithe will be back. We are 1 big play WR and a safety away from doing some damage next year. despite out loses.

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

I think we might have got the WR and S through the portal or signing today. I think we probably are good at Safety for 2-deep (Ritchie, Hall, Allen with Tao and Snowden at NB), but good to have additional depth. We signed a bunch of DBs (8-9?). Always hard to tell with FR WR, but 2 borderline 4* is a good sign.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Positive Ramblings