Prediction on the schedule

Viewing 7 reply threads

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

Now that all our questions of when the schedule would be released…what record do you think we post? I feel we lose @usc and then probably split Oregon and asu. So I’m thinking 9 or 10 wins, which is very optimistic compared to before the release when I said 8 or 9
      What do you all think?

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

If we get good QB play then I agree with 9 or 10 wins.

ALUF
        Ute Fan
        @dbgii77

That is the key…I’m assuming we get the good qb play.

I hate to say it but I’m also kind of on the fence on the tds game too. It’s been 11 years since they’ve won, the game is in porvo, they have this games as the super bowl, and they truly believed we would’ve been destroyed by them.

I’m also nervous about Stanford, just seems like they’re improving again and they have a good coach

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Wait!! The schedule is out?

ALUF
        Ute Fan
        @dbgii77

Lol! Also did you hear the nacuas transferred???

AZUteFan
          Ute Fan
          @azutefan

I heard a WR coach was hired

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Wins- Weber, BYU-P, SDSU, Wazzou, Arizona, & Colorado

Losses- USC & Oregon

Tosses- We take 2 of 4 from Oregon St, UCLA, Stanford & Arizona St

Finish 8-4, eek out a bowl win and set ourselves up for another hella run in 2022.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Totally agree @Backer. I think 8-4 is the likely scenario setting us up for a great 2022 season. I realize we have the majority of our production coming back and that is creating somewhat high expectations. But my biggest question marks are where it matters most…QB, O-Line play, and RB. We’ve brought in great talent but whether it all comes together or not is what worries me. I could see anywhere from 7 wins (if a repeat of last year’s level of QB play leads to a couple of WTF losses along with a couple of the toss ups not going our way) OR if stars emerge similar to how Ty Jordan did and we get rolling we could reach as high as 10 wins…not likely, but possible.

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

I almost predicted one WTF loss out of that first group….maybe Wazzou. I agree with your position concerns and would add that we could really use a bull-rusher on the D-line as well.

UtahFanSir
        Ute Fan
        @utahfansir

Utah runs the table. 😀

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Last year has some thinking we have declined.  We were replacing an unusual number of key players which caused a slow start.  Utah was starting over maybe more than most other Pac teams.  We did not have the usual 2 or 3 easy non-conference games to work out the kinks.  If we had opened up with anyone other than Oregon or USC in such a short year, it would have been different.

In 2021 Utah will return key players as well as anyone in the Pac, which will be a great improvement over last year.  We agonize over OL, but I have seen young OL at Utah improve greatly over time.  We agonize over QB, but last year we only saw QB1 for a few downs and saw the emergency backup that was not quite up to QB2.  We agonize over WR because we lost 2 which was due to transfer as opposed to graduation.  However, we got Dixon back, Covey healthy, a couple of new young receivers, but more importantly, a new WR coach.  If he makes improvements to ability to separate and improvements to drops, then WRs, OLs, and QBs will all appear to be much better.

Last year DE and LB had some questions.  Next year, these groups will deliver depth and options we did not start with last year.  All the other Utes are getting better.  I have some concern for safety but Hubert may address that and I am not sure we have a shutdown CB but the group could be very severable.  I don’t see why we need to wait a year for 10 wins, it’s not a lock but it also is not crazy talk either.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I have mixed feelings on this season. The loss of Ty just stinks. I now think a run in 2022 is more practical. I want to see Costelli or JQJ. Slightly more excited about JQJ.
      Which I remember what I felt for Rising but I am not excited for him as much anymore.
      Goals: Win the South of course. JQJ sees the field.
      Oline needs to develop I need to see something in the Pass pro. Oline blocking for the rush has always been great. Need to give the QB some time.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Reply to myself:
        Silver lining for the Utah running backs. Utah seems to only improve at this position as it progresses through the P12. Ty Jordan being that once in a lifetime talent aside I am still optimistic for the future.

UteDuke
        Ute Fan
        @uteduke

I agree with you on Ty. His passing stole a large chunk of my excitement. I love the team and am still looking forward to the season, but I was looking forward to his future seasons more than I have for any other player.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Take whatever you think you learned about “insert any team not named Alabama” during 2020 and throw it out the window.  Multiple players missed each game, schedules changed daily, limited practices, restricted meetings, just too many obstacles to get a good outlook for this team and translating to 2021.

The secondary faced a lot of first year starters and freshman QB’s, that looked far and away better than our Sr SEC starting QB, but what Shah and Scalley put on the field with such a young group was pretty impressive. Wish we could say the same for the offense, and MBB.

But Mostly- Ty Jordan will be missed…

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Spring Ball should give us some rough idea regarding the QB situation prgression. I know Fall is the true defining time. That said, I will be concerned if KW goes to the wishy-washy, indecisive game time decision stance. Coaching from the coach of course. Not buying the, don’t want to play my hand card by not revealing who the QB is until game time. IMO, tells me it is more of statement there is not confidence in one QB. I don’t think that will be an issue this Fall considering all the talent fighting for the job.

Here’s my completely uneducated guess on QB depth chart for Fall. IMHO, JQJ and Costelli are the future for Utah QB. Huge Rising fan, not sure KW and Ludwig would of stacked up the QB position if there was solid confidence in Rising at this point. Not counting Rising out as the kid is a total warrior. Shoulder injuries are very upredictable especially playing at the highest level of college football. Overall, super excited to see how it plays out.

Not worried at all about the WR position group. Looking forward to a big year from Ennis. Kids going to go off this season. Covey and Dixon will also do their thing. Vele, Parks, O’Toole, and the badass TEs Go Utes!

Brewer

JQJ

Costelli

Rising

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Prediction on the schedule