Relocating back to Utah – where would you live?

Viewing 10 reply threads

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

We are planning to move back to Utah in the next year and are trying to decide which city to live in. We have kids age 0-13 and want something family friendly. I work from home but want to have a commute < 1hr if I ended up changing jobs in Utah.

Leading city right now is Herriman, followed by Cedar Hills, Lehi and Saratoga Springs.

What do you think of these places UteHub? Give me your brutal honesty. 😎

1 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Eagle Mountain on the other side of Lake Mountain is great. Alpine School District is great. Tons of kids. Brand new schools being built. The commute is about ten to fifteen minutes longer than Saratoga Springs. Not a lot of zoobs at all out here. 

Eagle Mountain also has a light ordinance it is amazing at night. 

The BFE aspect does take some getting used to. Saratoga just opened a Costco about ten minutes from my house. 

Brettski
        Ute Fan
        @brettski

We will definitely check out Eagle Mountain as well. I’ve actually never been there despite growing up in salt lake county.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

So it is split in half kind of oddly. West side of Lake Mountain doesn’t have to look at Provo though. 

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

We live in Saratoga Springs and we love it. The smell of the mink farms can be pretty intense but you get used to it.

Brettski
        Ute Fan
        @brettski

Mink Farm?? Does it smell different from any other farm?

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

You really did grow up in Salt Lake County.  How adorable. 

Larry B
          Ute Fan
          @larryb

Haha yeah the mink farms are something else. I don’t know if I can even describe the smell. There were days where it was nauseating to be outside.

Hellhound152
            Ute Fan
            @hellhound152

Mink s**t is the king.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Occasionally we get a whiff out here. Unique for sure. 

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Mink farms are bad. There was one in Peoa when I was growing up. We used to go camping up on the mirror lake highway all the time and would go through Wanship and Peoa from time to time. Whoa nellie.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Mink farms smell worse than other farms.

Bostonutes
      Ute Fan
      @bostonutes

Murray, Canyon Rim, and the West side of Sandy have modest size homes that have reasonable prices.  You can move further south that have nice homes in great areas.  If you want to live near SLC, Murray and Canyon Rim are options.  

8 2

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Can’t believe what I’m reading here. I wouldn’t live in Utah County if the world was flooded with p**s and Utah County was in a tree.

3 1

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Good, stay the hell out and tell your friends.  Also if you could run it by the asshats from Cali as well it would be great. 

Signed person who grew up when Payson, Spanish Fork, and Springville were all seperate towns.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I would look at alternatives to Utah.  It’s terrible here.  Way too crowded. 

1 1

therealu
      Ute Fan
      @therealu

I grew up in Cottonwood Heights, and moved to Herriman 13 years ago. You couldn’t pay me to move back. 

New developments, clean, an incredible view, and I can access miles and miles (and continuing to grow) miles of mtn bike trails a block from my driveway. 

Happy to answer any questions you might have. 

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I’d live in Carbon or Juab county. Well, you asked. 😉

Sanders
      Ute Fan
      @sanders

Nothing wrong with Eagle Mountain or Saratoga Springs except there’s only one way in and one way out via Redwood Road. It’s a logistical nightmare. If you’re looking at Utah County Lehi would not be bad as you can get anywhere pretty quickly. In Salt Lake County I would look at Herriman or South Jordan that have younger to middle aged families.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Interchange at 2100 north is done. Takes you to I-15 quickly.  They also built the Mountain View Corridor which helps you avoid all of Saratoga.  You do have to plan your commute and a gnarly wreck can ground you. 

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Heber, Kamas, Coalville, Wanship, Panguitch, or Moab… 

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Pretty much anywhere besides Utah County.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Relocating back to Utah – where would you live?