Rising>Bentley

Viewing 6 reply threads

Oggie_UTE15
      Ute Fan
      @uteguy15

Whose your prediction for starting QB. Personally I think we stuck with the future in rising and help him continue to develop as we saw Huntley do over the years. Love his arm strength and potential. But not sure why Bentley would transfer without the intent of starting. 

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I think Bentley did expect to start. If he doesn’t, it’s another Troy Williams situation. But as we’ve seen a good #2 can be critically important. Injuries happen.

#3bballer
      Ute Fan
      @3bballer

All the rumors indicate that Rising is going to be the starter. Sounds like he won the job, he may have a shorter leash however since Bentley seems ready to go also.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Whitt hasn’t done “short leash.”  If Rising is the guy he is the guy barring injury.  I actually prefer that approach to the Brian Kelly, Steve Spurrier model.   I think that lesson was learned when Dave Christensen tried to destroy Travis on purpose.

1 2

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

It’s Rising.  

Also, biggest concern for the team is LB’s.  Even more than the secondary… 

Don’t ask me how I know but if I’m wrong you can banish me to Cougarboard (hell) forever.

salty-ute
        Ute Fan
        @salty-ute

Lloyd is a stud, so I wouldn’t say linebackers, I would say one linebacker is a big question mark.

Utebeam
        Ute Fan
        @utebeam

Hey Idahoute, were are you from? I live in SE ID.

idahoute
          Ute Fan
          @tfute

Living in Twin Falls since 08′

Not a lot of red here but I’m trying 

Sanders
      Ute Fan
      @sanders

Will Bentley bail given the “free” season if he’s not crowned the starter?

1 1

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

I don’t know what Bentley might do. I don’t understand why a player who is #2-deep on a great program and possibly one injury play away from starting at any given time would leave for a lesser program. My guess is they would end up regretting it.

Lloyd is an enigma. When I watch film of Norris, Paul, Chase, Barton and Bernard you see a disruptive and instinctive LB. I know Lloyd made a lot of clean up tackles last year but what real impact did he have? I’m really pulling for him and I really hope he proves me wrong but I know the LB group is a BIG concern given the shoes to fill

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

Agree. I’m always surprised to see lloyd’s stats are so good because he doesn’t seem to stand out like the others you mentioned.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

I would’ve picked Bentley, but people in the know seem to be saying Rising, which I like since this is a throwaway season anyway.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rising>Bentley