Ronald Jones entering NFL Draft too

Viewing 8 reply threads

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

So. Is there any excuse to not win the South next season? All four teams that finished ahead of us this year have major reconstruction projects in either coaching, highly talented players leaving, or both. I feel much much better about Huntley having been the starter this past year now. Hopefully Troy Taylor can find more creative ways to get Moss the ball and perhaps rely a bit less on Huntley risking injury.

Hype levels will return to normal after the SEC sets college football back 10 years on Monday.

1 6

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

We will need to see significant improvement from Taylor’s offense in order to win the division.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

I don’t disagree that we need improvement, but I think we might be closer than we initially thought. 

Eliminate carries from Huntley, feed Moss or Shyne.

Eliminate the bad trick plays that repeatedly failed. 

Throw more corner fades to our tall receivers to improve red zone efficiency, or use Huntleys legs to run it in (previously feeding Moss or Shyne opens this up). 

Get the tight ends to bock or catch. Hell, why not both? 

6 2

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

SC is Still SC.

4 1

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Doesn’t matter about coach and player turnover. All these teams still have a boatload of talent. Like every year, Utah will have to play really well and also get lucky a few times in order to win the division.

It’s frustrating how close they’ve come only to experience inexplicable losses. The absolute worst loss was to Colorado in 2011. That is looking more and more like the worst loss in the history of the Utah football program. All Utah had to do was beat an absolutely terrible 2-10 team and then would have been in the inaugural Pac-12 Championship game. Instead, Utah handed Colorado’s seniors their first road win ever. It still boggles my mind that Utah lost that game. Ugh!!!

1 9

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Agreed. Kwhitts recruiting classes have averaged no better than 6th  or 7th over the past 5 years.  Mediocre recruits typically produce mediocre results.  Utah will need to get very lucky to win the south (let alone the conference) because they’re not dominating anyone. 

1 20

utahsportsguy
          Ute Fan
          @utahsportsguy

At some point, whitt stans will realize that the head coach is a bigger problem than they’re admitting. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but that day is coming. 

20 1

gUrthBrooks
            Ute Fan
            @hammer

At some point perspective is needed instead of short sightedness. The UofU is trending upward as a school and Salt Lake City is getting less weird but it’s still not LA, Palo Alto, Seattle, Nike U. But answer me a few questions. Which coaches in the PAC12 can recruit players to Salt Lake City, Utah better than Whitt? Of those, which ones would actually come here? Of those, which of them have a better record at turning out NFL players per star ranking than Kyle? You want to go the route of Oregon State? Roll the dice. But no need for your condescending short sighted instant gratification millennial attitude. Utah was 122nd in returning experience last year and still went 7-6 and was the only PAC 12 team with a bowl win. This was Utah’s down year. The next two years Utah will bring back more experience than most every PAC 12 team. I’m willing to hold onto the bird in hand instead of chasing after delusions and entitlement. Respect the process!

2 20

utahsportsguy
              Ute Fan
              @utahsportsguy

My questions for you -> How many pac 12 championships has kyle won? how many times has kyle gotten us into the pac 12 championship game? How much more time do we give kyle to do something as basic as get us into the pac12 championship game, let alone the national championship game? 

Some of us have higher aspirations than 7-5 and the Nobody Cares Bowl. 

Most people (and college coaches) get fired for this type of incompetence.

gUrthBrooks
                Ute Fan
                @hammer

Since 2009, the PAC 12 Championship has been won by 4 schools. Oregon 4, Stanford 3, USC 1, Wash 1. Each of those schools have some significant advantages over Utah. Did Utah have some chances, sure, but for those of us who follow the recruiting know that on paper Utah has been making consistent strides to depth and talent each year. I cant believe the players they are bringing in and as long as the trajectory continues, I’m willing to support the coaches all in…Go Utes!

2 4

User Suspended
                @a2ute

It needs to be said.  Thank you

Image result for standing ovation gif

TexanUte
        Ute Fan
        @texanute

1 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Utah played a Tate-Less Zona team and won. I think Utah is top three for contention. Utah has some question marks still on the Oline and improvement needs to be offensively. Third down needs to improve, Redzone efficiency big time. 

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

And please give Moss more carries. Even he is baffled as to why he is not touching the ball more. Feed the beast! He is hungry!

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

Part (if not most) of the blame for Moss not getting enough carries is on Huntley. He needs to check his ego a little bit next year and not try to do everything himself.

1 6

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

The WVU game is a terrible game to use for getting Moss more carries. We were up huge. He shouldn’t have gotten any more than the 20 he got. 

3 1

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yeah should have given Huntley like ten more….??? What the hell are you talking about?

1 3

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Ha ha. Clueless guy here. 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

Huntley had 25 carries. Whitt said 8 were off pass plays that broke down and Huntley took off running. 6 were sacks. 6+8=14. 25-14=11.

So, Moss has 20 carries. Huntley had 11. One way a two yard TD run. One was a two yard TD run.

So, outside of sacks and pass plays and short TD runs, Huntley ran it 9 times.

Nothing wrong with that.

This narrative is the perfect example of clueless fan getting angry about something that he has no clue about.

Huntley had 9 runs and averaged over 6 yards per carry on those runs.

Thats pretty damn effective.

3 1

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Stop insulting people. First off I heard that same thought Whitt had but he said NO I don’t want Huntley carrying that many let me clarify what happened then gave you your explanation.  Huntley carries it too much and Moss should have more carries so yes even 9 is too much. 

2 1

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

I have yet to rewatch the game but I do recall not all of the sacks were on passing plays. I distinctly remember the fumble being 100% on Huntley then 3-4 more where Moss should have got it. Not even mentioning the two times Moss had to rip it from Huntleys hands so he could rush. 

5 1

highlandute7
          Ute Fan
          @highlandute7

Can’t believe what I just read. It’s ok to only give Moss 20 carriers and Huntley 25 in a game we ‘were up huge’. Huntley shouldn’t have more than 5-10 carriers a game. Moss should have 25-30. And with Shyne back next year, Huntley’s carriers should decrease even more. 

1 4

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

See above. Huntley only had 9 called carries.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I am just surprised he is wondering why?  Don’t be so passive aggressive it was the guy taking the snaps that prevented you from running wild. 

1 4

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Not really. Moss has 20 carries. Taylor called Huntley’s name 9 times…and two were 2 yard TD’s.

This is a false narrative.

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

I’m curious as to why you decided that the two TD runs don’t count as carries for Huntley in your post above, and now you are trying to claim that the 2 TD runs were part of his amended 9 carries? 

1 1

Puget Ute
              Ute Fan
              @pugetute

Those two TD runs count, but they bring down the average.  Without those TD runs (and the sacks), Huntley made almost 7 yards per carry.  THat is not insignificant.

1 1

UteThunder
                Ute Fan
                @utethunder

Yards per carry wasn’t his point. Utah is attempting to minimize the number of carries Huntley had in the bowl game and in order to do so he excluded the TD carries to get to the bogus number of 9 carries. Then he re-introduced them as part of the bogus 9 carries to show how effective Huntley was used as a runner in such a ‘limited’ number of carries. It’s ridiculous. Any way you slice it, Huntley was hit or exposed to potential hits 25 times. That’s in addition to any other hits he may have taken in the passing game. 

The bottom line here is that it doesn’t matter how many designed runs were called for Huntley. If the goal is to limit the hits he takes by only running him 5-10 times per game, then the OC needs to take into account the number of times Huntley calls his own number.  

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Because you are clueless. 

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

Herm Edwards

j/k

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

2018 is on Huntley. More than anyone else.

32utahutes
        @32utahutes

Completely agree. If he takes it to the next level, watch out.

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

Agree the 2011 loss to Colorado was inexplicable at the time but it is part of a growing sample size of underperforming relative to the talent on hand (2016 team for example). At some point any team in a 6 team division should almost luck into the division championship through a combo of decent play, talent and shear lucky random variation (Buffalos in 2016). If I were Utes administration I would be concerned if we get to 10 to 12 years of Pac 12 play with no Division title. At that point it cant be argued that we need more time to build. We were closer in 2011 than we have been recently. With the changes at coaching and loss of key QBs I am holding out hope that 2018 is the year. Go Utes..

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ronald Jones entering NFL Draft too