Rule #1: Don’t DM opposing players

Viewing 10 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Especially if you’re a working professional with all of your business info on your profile. Hate when our fan base gets black eyes like this. Nothing that happens on a football field warrants this kind of hate.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Saw this earlier today, this guy is a complete jackass. I don’t care who the opposing team is, you don’t ever do s**t like this. I’m ashamed that he’s a Ute fan. I’d like to see the University ban him from attending any future games, for any of our teams.

We all need to be better than this and treat opposing players and fans with civility and respect.

4 1

Heike
        Ute Fan
        @heike

So much for any moral high ground our side had over ASU’s ‘dirty play.’ Such fans are a blight on all of us.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

What was originally said by that fan?  I don’t really agree with doxing either. 

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

“You piece of s**t! Go f**k yourself and die for targeting Zach Moss. You were p**sed for getting ejected but you should be p**sed for being such a worthless pile of s**t.”

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yeah that guy needs to take up yoga or something. It was really poor tackling from Fields he sat out for it. This whole head hunting thing is blown way out proportion.  It is definitely approaching rivalry because of the way each team recruits players. 

Feels like a lot of people didn’t learn from the zoob douche. Making broad over generalizing statements not based on facts. 

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

That’s the outrage culture we have on social media these days. No, it is not right that he should have his business attacked because of it. But if you’re gonna be dumb enough to tell a college athlete to “go f** yourself and die” and call him a “worthless pile of sh**” there’s gonna be some unintended consequences.

The most puzzling part of this is that the message came a day after the game. We all get caught up in the heat of moment and say things we don’t mean, but how did he get that angry and lose control the day after?

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yeah I wonder about his frame of mind a full day after this.

I was pretty upset about the way Asu played on Sunday. I was more upset with Herm Edwards and I have posted extensively already on my opinion of him.

homer
            Ute Fan
            @homer

When your AD gets on twitter to condemn your tweet. . .
            Says they will look for this guy. Sounds as if there may be ramificarions.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I hate douche bag fans like this. Why engage with players from other teams at all?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Why engage with any of the athletes other than to be supportive of your own guys?

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

Nice to see AD Harlan addressing the situation so quickly:

Looks like the dentist office website has even removed his bio off their page (there’s still a pic of him on the home page, but his bio is gone from the “Team” link). I’m guessing their office has received a lot of backlash today as well.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

That was a dirty play, a dirty hit. I think the entire team is dirty not just from this game but form previous games. But DMing kids is just wrong. He’s still a kid who is playing a game basically for free. No good can come from it.

1 1

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Here comes Harlan like mad dog snarling with the ban hammer.

Banned Spider Ham GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Dude deserves it.

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Yeah, Ron Mexico is already taken.

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

dup sorry. Not sure how to delete.

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

That guy needs some serious anger management therapy…and some medicine to increase his IQ if he’s posting his s**t up publicly like that. Social Media has lobotomized our country. This guy is proof. I’m good with some fan base or TEAM smack but going directly after some kid with death or injury wishes is…bent.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Must have inhaled too much mercury and lead from the amalgam filling fumes!

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

Totally agree. This whole incident is gross and this guy just looks like a sociopath.

Josh
      Ute Fan
      @skijosh

I’m an acquaintance of this guy. Never would have expected this behavior from him.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Have to wonder if he’s under some unusual stress or something I guess.

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

So I just saw his apology statement. He does state he is seeking professional help already. Good plan.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rule #1: Don’t DM opposing players