Secondary

Viewing 4 reply threads

Show15time
      Ute Fan
      @show15time

I know it’s great to see us being able to pass the ball to our receivers with brewer, but is anyone concerned that our secondary got lit up in the spring game?

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

No

10 1

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Utah fans are just the worst. Our offense sucks in the spring game doom and gloom. Our offense does well doom and gloom.

Show15time
        Ute Fan
        @show15time

Lol fair. I guess I just thought that the pac 12s best defense wouldn’t have been torn to shreds like it was. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

You dont need to lower your expectations but for the spring game you shouldn’t have any. It is a situational scrimmage with a game format that helps the coaching staff.

UteBacker
            Ute Fan
            @utebacker

And a ton of starters being held out…

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Dude, did you not see sack after sack in the second half? We’re fine.

CincyUte
        Ute Fan
        @cincyute

True.  But the weirdest part is that many here secretly blame Larry K for the defense’s struggles.

SantaVaca
      Ute Fan
      @santavaca

I think everyone has kind of touched on this but there were so many plays where the Dlineman literally stopped before hitting Brewer. In fact, I think we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves with our offense. Let’s see how Brewer reacts when the bullets are live and he can’t sit back waiting for receivers to get open, knowing that he isn’t going to get touched if/ when everything breaks down.

On a separate note, did anyone else get all tingley just sitting in the stadium yesterday? I just can’t get over how beautiful and perfect RES is now. The jumbotron fits perfect behind the south endzone now and I just kept looking around in amazement remembering what Utah football was like in the 70s and 80s and just how far we’ve come.

I know someday we are going to lose Whit but right now, it truly is the golden age of Utah football.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

I know that Brewer had all day to throw by virtue of the rules of the game, but, even still, each throw was on. the. money.  Nothing was missed or even a near miss. He’s gonna be good. 

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

The first half was half starters and half twos and one of the QBs was a true freshman.  The second half was twos but mostly threes with a couple of QBs that will never figure in.  They were working the depth to see where they are.  Some players were in different positions to see other possibilities.  With the exception of the two transfer RBs and the freshman QBs, the game was mostly about evaluating the bottom of the roster.  That is the case every year but this year was unusual because there are about 20 more players than ever before.  A lot of those players will not see the field next year.

UteCoop
        Ute Fan
        @utecoop

I was a bit worried with the release of the long ball Brewer threw to Vele. It has some wobble on it but it was on the money. Great play!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.