Neither is Brumfield.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yet. 

1 1

Anonymous
        Inactive

I don’t think we know enough about Brumfield yet.

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

Agreed. The difference is upside – Brumfield still has some, while it feels like Shyne has hit his ceiling.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Brumfield is an 18 year old true freshman that scored 88 TD’s in HS. He will be. Give him a minute to catch up to the PAC12 talent with his youth. 

3 2

User Suspended
          @a2ute

I agree we need to give Brumfield a little more time…but the clocks ticking. With RB’s you either have it or you don’t.  Spending years in the system “catchig up” isn’t the blueprint for a legit RB.  If you’re not the feature back by your sophmore year, you’re not a feature back.

I suspect the coaches already know if he’s the answer…or not.

4 1

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

And Moss wasn’t his freshman year. Brumfield is a copy of Moss physically. He has all the potential in the world.

Quit placing unrealistic expectations on freshman.

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

Yep

User Suspended
      @a2ute

This is one position Utah can go the JC route and find a difference maker for next year.

With the RB you know pretty quick if the kid has the goods. Shyne – uhmm no. Brumfield – still need to see more of him,  but it’s a bit concerning that nothing really positive has shown its self yet.

Hal Evans
      Ute Fan
      @dixieute

Hey Pace you do know we still have Moss next year right?

User Suspended
        @a2ute

link?

Anonymous
        Inactive

Yeah, maybe, maybe not. At this point we don’t know one way or another.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Hal: everyone and their dog knows it is a 99.9% chance Moss leaves for the NFL.

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

Not entirely true. He needs to really nail the Combine to grade out in the 1st or 2nd round. If he isn’t fully recovered and runs poorly at the Combine, then he is a 4th rounder.

crazyute
      Ute Fan
      @crazyute

I actually like TJ Green as the lead back. He gives us a home run ability we’ve lacked. Another year of physical development should get him ready.

P-rock
      Ute Fan
      @p-rock

Shyne is just not physical enough for proper pass protection and getting those tough yards. Brumfield has all of the tools to become the next great Utah RB. Moss was not the player he developed into until the USC game last year. Give him 1-2 more years then watch out. I like TJ Green but he doesn’t have the size yet to be able to handle the punishment. There is still another in Devontae Henry-Cole who has shown some great flashes of potential. The deal with him will be how well he heals up.

crazyute
        Ute Fan
        @crazyute

At 5’11” 195 he is big enough (phillip Lindsey says hi). But like I said another year of physical development will be great for him. If he can be 205 (that’s only 10 lbs) then he would be just fine. But his speed would be very welcome.

P-rock
          Ute Fan
          @p-rock

I like TJ Green and he can become a great back with his speed. Phillip Lindsay is not a common occurrence and even with his accomplishments, backs his size can’t typically handle the beating. Lindsay or Green couldn’t handle the workload Utah gave Booker or Williams. Until Utah gains a good threat of a passing game, small backs won’t be major contributors.

crazyute
            Ute Fan
            @crazyute

Hmmmmm….I’m watching the 5’10” 190 Gaskins right now from Washington. I think this size is more common than you realize

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Shyne is not a feature back.