Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

Not seeing anything….source?

PAC12Teams
        Ute Fan
        @utahbb

Bring back Billy Gonzales, Florida 

Of course he is making $601,000,,, so there’s that.

PAC12Teams
        Ute Fan
        @utahbb

Bring back Billy Gonzales, Florida 

Of course he is making $601,000,,, so there’s that.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

Makes you wonder if Whit didn’t have the same concerns many had about the outgoing exodus.  The risk is of course, those who are still here might have stayed b/c of Holliday.  Interesting timing either way with spring ball starting up in just a relatively short amount of time.  

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

I guess the big question is…are the WRs leaving because they knew Holliday was getting fired OR is Holliday getting fired because Whit learned the reason the WRs are leaving is because they’re sick of Holliday?

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Just noticed Holliday’s son has taken down the tweets.

9 2

ThurstonW
            Ute Fan
            @thurstonw

huh….guess he’s not man enough to own it…..

Duhwayne
              Ute Fan
              @duhwayne

Or because his dad asked him to.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Now go get Fesi Sitake.  He has done well and has a great relationship with his players.

ryynoo
      Ute Fan
      @ryynoo

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Amazing how quickly the race card gets played nowadays. 

1 13

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Optics on this one is poor what with the Scalley crap and in this day and age this is what it will devolve to. Let’s see what happens.

12 1

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

I’d be frustrated too if I was his son .. but to post what he did is some straight up BS and very damaging

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Optics is poor to those who see the world that way. I believe more and more people are getting sick of that world view.
        But that was the consequence of keeping Scalley. I believe it was something the entire coaching staff and University measured carefully to live with.

2 4

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

What our opinions are or may be on the matter is entirely irrelevant to what people will perceive this to be. Utah already has a perception problem by virtue of its location and national perception. That is only further exacerbated by the events of this summer and now.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Yeah I know which I felt I covered in my “But…”

Making people happy across all spectrums is an excercise in futility. I feel like MOST people view the Scalley incident lacking malice or any overt prejudice.

If human feelings and emotion is how we want to run our view on reality then my feelings on the matter are not irrelevant. Plus the son deleted the tweet. Seems like his convictions on the matter are not very deep.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

This has nothing to do with Scalley, it’s the opposite side of the ball, we have no information for the reason, Holliday was not brought by Ludwig, there’s an exodus of two WR under Holliday, one of them being arguably the best WR on the team, Utah will continue forward.

This

Anfernee
        Ute Fan
        @anfernee

The poor optics is our wr production year after year. The poor optics is RARELY getting a high level wr recruit and the reputation associated with our passing game. Nothing changes if nothing changes. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

The problem is the offensive line, not the receivers. The receivers were a problem a few years ago but not recently 

I like Guy Holiday and think he was doing a good job.

What happened was Holiday was sticking up for his players who were seeing their hard work waste away because of incompetence in the throw game that wasn’t their fault. He complained and got let go, players got mad and transferred.

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

Sorry but I hate this.  If we EVER expect there to be true equality, then everyone, EVERYONE must be treated the same regardless.  In this case, a black coach (Shaw) used the same exact word in the same way in the same conversation and NO ONE is saying shi$ about that.  If it’s a racial slur, then no one should be allowed to say it!  Likewise, regardless of your color, black, white, red or brown, you should be held to the same expectation as everyone else and consequences should also be the same.  

FTR, I love Shaw and know him personally.  I also love Scalley. 

What i hate is the mindset that because some of our ancestors held black people as slaves, then we must now overcompensate.  That is one of the most racist things we can do because it causes it hurst people of color.  being held to the same standards is ok and helps everyone grow and eventually thrive.  Our social obligations should be socially based, not racially or in regards to gender or any other difining physical characteristic.  We can be different and we definitly should celebrate that.  But that shouldn’t affect our social responsibilities or our equality.

Having said all that, are we there yet?  Of course not.  Racism is alive and well.  But we will never defeat it while multiple standards exist.  

Sorry, off soap box now.

1 16

Anonymous
          Inactive

People who say there’s no difference between a black man saying the N word and a white man saying the N word are the DUMBEST people in the world. Completely illiterate and uneducated.

McAfeeKnob
            Ute Fan
            @ogdenparaiso

Disagree all you want. Calling someone dumb is pretty low.

Anonymous
              Inactive

Obviously haven’t read any history books. 

If we have fans who don’t understand the difference, then I don’t blame players of color for transferring away from Utah. 

McAfeeKnob
                Ute Fan
                @ogdenparaiso

Insulting people will do the trick.

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

Signed up for an account for barely more than a day and already making friends.

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

It makes more sense if we remember that this person is Moose. 

Utesbyfive
                Ute Fan
                @utesbyfive

Yeah, the username is similar to his other personas.

pedro
            Ute Fan
            @pedro

I’ve read history books and trust me, I know racism.  This is about societal norms.  Apply the same logic to any other area of potential harrassment and it just doesn’t fly.  

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

This one makes my quite angry.

I think one thing we all love about our football program is that they go out of their way to be above board on everything!  Amd they do so much to help BIPOC player and all players grow and be better men.  And was Scalley was held VERY responsible for the #%!% he stepped in.  So to insinuate he got a free pass is some real asinine BS.  

I don’t usually talk about racism allegations like this but that is some bush-league stuff his son is throwing out against the wall because his dad was fired.

I’m p**sed, quite frankly.  

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Goodness, have we all forgot this is football?  If ever an assistant and a HC fall off the same page, the assistant is always replaced.  Assistants serve at the pleasure of the HC, this can be learned in days in the business.  In the case of this HC, I trust him completly, we all should.  Until we are completly sure of the facts, we need to trust Whitt.  That may not be how the rest of the world works, but this is football.  Timing is poor, I expect that could not be helped by what ever has taken place.  What happens with one situation involving an assistant has nothing to do with any other situation.  As for Guy, FB coaches come and go, he signed up for it and I expect he will coach somewhere else.  Sadly, comments that lash out hurt his cause.

If I was to guess, this has something to do with something very recently learned and is rooted in football and the relationships between coaches and players.  Fans, like myself, can only guess.  Whitt is paid the big bucks and has the direct assignment to work this out.  One thing I preceive to be the case is Whitt has the players interest first and formost.  We should wait and see what kind of insight will be coming

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So, Guy Holliday is out?