So, USU players boycott tomorrow’s game

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I understand that they are upset about comments the school president made about Maile.  The implication was that she didn’t want a Mormon or Poly coach.  She said she wanted someone more diverse.

5 1

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Good for them. If what she said was true, that’s a bulls**t generalization that has no business being tolerated in 2020.

6 2

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

I fully support the right of these players to make the decision to not play. I also fully support the right for USU to ask each of these players to reimburse them one game worth of scholarship funds.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Why?  This is the season where the NCAA guaranteed that if players opt out, they can’t lose their scholarship.  I’d rather they played because I like the Aggies, but I wholly support those players to act in accordance to their own consciences.

Go Aggies!

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I support this political stance. Stick it to the players whenever you can, that’s what I say.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

From what I read it was also the AD. Going to be an issue for him as he tries to get an SEC gig.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

So she wants someone “more diverse” and she gets canceled for it? Where does this circlejerk end?

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Apparently the circle jerk ends at a white protestant.  All she had to say is we are cutting ties with the Gary Andersen era (his coaches since 2009) and we are looking for an up and coming coach with an exciting system. Instead she threw out an excuse that inferred that culture (a friendly euphemism for race) and religion (good luck fighting that battle anywhere) were contributing factors and predictably it blew up in her face.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Exactly. As a smart woman, mentioning culture and religion during a search for a new employee was a dumb thing to say. In 2020 she should know better.

Duhwayne
        Ute Fan
        @duhwayne

Canceled? Last I checked, she is still the president of the university.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Give it a few weeks.

Gugstanley
            Ute Fan
            @gugstanley

If -sports continues in this direction I will find another form of entertainment. The players have every right to leave the University if they don’t like it’s views. They can follow their coach to his new destination. I am not going to invest time or money if sports is used as a weapon to get your way.

Did the players try and resolve the issue on the zoom call?

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

I am a Utah man, sir…

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

According to the article, the players told her their religious background after the comments were made.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

She may violated federal employment law right there. And I guess you can say hiring a white Protestant is being more divers than a Polynesian Protestant but that’s a tough sell. 

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I’m with you, @Utesbyfive. These SJW-types really stick in my craw.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So, USU players boycott tomorrow’s game