Speaking of jersey #15’s…

Viewing 4 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

A lot of Gator fans are talking about their QB, Anthony Richardson being the x factor in the game on September 3rd. Admittedly I didn’t watch any Florida games last year so I decided to watch some film.

Our defense is certainly going to have their hands full. The dude is big and fast and he runs through tackles like it’s nothing. I don’t know if we’re going to spy him all game or what, but if he gets loose, he can make us pay. I’m not saying our D isn’t up for the challenge but historically we haven’t done well against QB’s like him. Here’s some highlights for those of you who haven’t seen him.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Good news is the Ute defense can focus on his film for a couple weeks to prepare.  Hope they don’t bite on some of his fake runs that he uses to free up his receivers.   He’ll probably get a few big gains on his feet, but can’t let that threat open up for throws downfield, IMO.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

I would imagine that Jackson will give the starting D looks, just like he did for Oregon last year. The Ute D was absolutely dialed in against Brown and Jackson was given a lot of credit.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I admit if you look at just this video, there is reason to be concerned.  His problem is that he makes big mistakes too.  He threw 6 TD passes and 5 interceptions in limited playing time.  However, I like the way Richardson runs the ball.  He is not afraid to take a hit.

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

The good news from what I understand is that they have little in the way of any other skill players so they can focus on Richardson. 

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

That’s a bit of a stretch to say they don’t have much in the way of skill positions; they’re mostly made up of 4 and 5 star dudes. Talent isn’t their issue. Their issue has been consistency and discipline — hence the reason they have a new coach.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Speaking of jersey #15’s…