Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bopahull
      Participant
      The Miami Ute
      Participant

This

Wilguens Jr. Exacte, G — transferred to Bowling Green

blew my f**king mind. Who’s advising this young man? You’re leaving Utah and the Big XII to play for a team that hasn’t made the NCAAs since Richard Nixon was two months into his first term as president?

MDUte
        Participant
          NashvilleUte
          Participant

Sacramento State finished dead last in the Big Sky @ 10-24. No thanks… even as an assistant…

AZUTE
            Participant

And it was all his fault.

There are so many things wrong with your post I don’t even know where to start.

His California recruiting contracts alone are worth a job in staff.

Give him the big12 and 3 million in NIL and watch the ballers roll in.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Participant

Nothing makes sense anymore Miami. The landscape of sports in general has changed. Kids used to dream about playing high school sports and a chance at a college scholarship, education and four year experience that will put them on a path for future success. Now all the “Super leagues” and entitlements at a young age have given kids false hope of becoming the next professional super star. It is putting WAY too much pressure on kids at a young age. Mental health issues are more common. Money and entitlement is the driving force in our society today and sports is just a microcosm of society.

The Miami Ute
          Participant

I hear you Jim. But this Exacte move is totally counterintuitive. He’s going to get way less exposure at a less prestigious academic institution. The only things that are plusses are that he probably walks into a starting position and is much closer to home.

Charlie
            Participant

My guess is he made his decision before the point that Worster and Smith made their decisions. Likely he did not see playing time coming his way in 24 and wanted a chance to play more. With the redshirt decision, I expect he had his plan in motion already and chose not to change it as new developments took place. It would appear now that staying at Utah would have worked out to be the best decision.

Andy
        Participant

I don’t recall where I heard it from but someone on the board or maybe it was on Ute Nation board had mentioned that the coaching staff had pushed Exacte out or at least had advised him he should enter the portal. Hearing that was more shocking than him choosing Bowling Green. Makes me think that there were some underlying issues involved with the injury he had and how it was handled.

Jim Vanderhoof
          Participant

How good was he really? I only recall seeing him play a couple times. I don’t think he played enough to get a read on his abilities. Bowling Green is a big step down so maybe he realizes it’s a better fit for his talent level. Anyone have inside information on his upside and being able to contribute on next years team?

Minnesota Ute
            Participant

I don’t have inside info, but I do have a couple posts here detailing my thoughts on his capabilities. TLDR version is that I saw limited BB IQ, lots of turnovers, very little offensive explosiveness, and very spotty defense. The only positive stat in his line was 3-pt shooting and even that wasn’t outstanding. I think his potential was limited and BG is a better fit for him accordingly

Jim Vanderhoof
              Participant

Thanks Minnesota that was my same thoughts as well. Nothing jumped out and grabbed me talent wise other than his size. We need athletes to go with our shooters. Smith’s athleticism was a noticeable difference last year. Our defense and being able finish at the rim is a big need in my opinion. Keba was a great athlete but lacked BB IQ and didn’t seem to improve offensively or defensively last year. Still miss him!!

D T
                Participant

KK’s an athletic freak, but he rarely gave us long stretches due to foul trouble….Definitely replaceable.

Zigziggler
      Participant

We need a dude! It appears we have a bunch of complimentary players. Jaylen Wells from WA State is still available. Go get him!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.